v17 Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update
(2018-03-22, 18:58)willemd Wrote:
(2018-03-20, 16:46)afedchin Wrote: try tomorrow's nightly
 Tried it, preliminary testing seems to indicate that it's fixed (on my configuration). Running a 2013 AMD apu.

I only tried changing the refresh rate from the System settings tab (running as standalone to get the option), because it would take more time setting up my video sources etc. But anyway, in Kodi 17 and in earlier Leia nightlies, that would also have resulted in a black screen, and now I get the menu screen back.

I'll test it with video later this week when I have some more time.
(In v17 I could get out of the black screen by pressing the Winkey, and then changing focus back to Kodi. But that resulted in very choppy video playback, so that wasn't a solution. Without testing that specifically, I"m not sure whether it's really fixed. But things are looking good.)

Thanks for looking into this Smile  
 Well, I was curious, so I tried some more. I copied my settings from v17 so I could reach my video files.

I played a 23.976Hz file. The refresh rate on my TV changed and I could see the video. So far, so good.

But I got many missed frames. (Also tried other files, same thing.) Not sure if that's related to this bugfix, but I didn't get these missed frames with v17 pre-1709. But I thought I'd report it anyway.

See screenshot:

Debug log: https://pastebin.com/qQKEE2fF

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - by willemd - 2018-03-22, 19:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update2