Watching paid TV channel stream
My wife is paying for a certain TV channel and can watch it online after authenticating with username and password. Which plugin should I use for Kodi to do the same?
"a certain channel" ? Depends which channel it is.
So you pay for a certain video service, which has a problem.
And now we, Kodi, have to solve that problem for free?
I don't think he is experiencing any problems. Rather he is asking which add-on can he use to view the channel.

Of course there is no possible way we can answer that if he doesn't tell us which channel...
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-21, 17:28)Klojum Wrote: So you pay for a certain video service, which has a problem.

Thanks, got the message. She will watch it with a web browser. There is no problem watching the stream with the browser. I didn't know these forums have paid advice now.
(2017-10-22, 13:11)Segfault Wrote:
(2017-10-21, 17:28)Klojum Wrote: So you pay for a certain video service, which has a problem.

Thanks, got the message. She will watch it with a web browser. There is no problem watching the stream with the browser. I didn't know these forums have paid advice now.

It's not that advice is paid, but if you're paying for a service, then the general idea is they ought to also be providing you support. (Generally, that's part of what your purchase/payment covers.)

Also, you never indicated what service/stream you were asking for help in using. How can you expect any advice when you provide no details?
(2017-10-22, 17:31)rpcameron Wrote:

It's not that advice is paid, but if you're paying for a service, then the general idea is they ought to also be providing you support. (Generally, that's part of what your purchase/payment covers.)

Also, you never indicated what service/stream you were asking for help in using. How can you expect any advice when you provide no details?
(2017-10-22, 17:31)rpcameron Wrote:

The TV station never advertised their service should be watched with Kodi. They certainly offer support in case it does not work in a browser. I really don't think knowing what stream it is would help, you cannot access it without authenticating. It is some TV station in the Nordic part of Europe, I have to ask her what exactly she is watching.
So is there a Kodi plugin that allows authenticating and watching an HTTP stream?
(2017-10-27, 02:08)Segfault Wrote: The TV station never advertised their service should be watched with Kodi. They certainly offer support in case it does not work in a browser. I really don't think knowing what stream it is would help, you cannot access it without authenticating. It is some TV station in the Nordic part of Europe, I have to ask her what exactly she is watching.
So is there a Kodi plugin that allows authenticating and watching an HTTP stream?

There are various ways to achieve this, but without details and specifics, no one can offer any concrete support. However, since you seem loathe to offer details and assist in your own support, I think I'll take the same track be loathe to offer specifics.

The users on this forum are not mind readers: we only know what you tell us. If you withhold information, you won't receive help.

Also, this is not really a PVR/Live TV question. This type of stream is more of a video addon. Perhaps someone over there might even have solved your problem ...
Quote: Perhaps someone over there might even have solved your problem ...
Not without the specifics. He'll get no further in add-ons. Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for replies. Too bad there is no Kodi plugin that allows watching HTTP stream with authenticating. Will look into MythTV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watching paid TV channel stream0