v17 Nvidia Shield VS. (my older) HTPC
Sooooo, anyone had a look at my logs?? What could be the problem? Do you need more information??
Really....no one?? If there is nothing wrong with the logs i would like to know as well...
You have to give it a little time. Everyone here is a volunteer and they get around to things in their own time, not yours. Remember, it took you 7 days to even post your debug log after it being first requested.

I've only had a chance to glace over your debug log and nothing jumps out at me. But one other question, are you using wifi or is your Shield wired?
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-11-04, 21:57)Tinwarble Wrote: You have to give it a little time.  Everyone here is a volunteer and they get around to things in their own time, not yours.  Remember, it took you 7 days to even post your debug log after it being first requested.

I've only had a chance to glace over your debug log and nothing jumps out at me.  But one other question, are you using wifi or is your Shield wired?

I understand and appreciate the help...but there was a lot of conversation before i posted the debug log, so thats why i was kind of dissapointed.

My shield is wired and i have a fibre connection (500mb/s upload and download)
You could try going through your settings with the help of either of these:

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/Reco...-1080p-GUI

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/Reco...ith-4K-GUI
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2017-11-05, 09:56)Raitsa Wrote: You could try going through your settings with the help of either of these:

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/Reco...-1080p-GUI

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/Reco...ith-4K-GUI

Thank you very much!

I will try these out but not all settings are present in Kodi v18. Does this mean i need to try out SPMC?
SPMC is great for the Shield, you should give it a go.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2017-11-05, 11:56)Raitsa Wrote: SPMC is great for the Shield, you should give it a go.

MrMC is also a great value for Shield
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

(2017-11-05, 11:56)Raitsa Wrote: SPMC is great for the Shield, you should give it a go.

Unfortunately im having the same problems with SPMC.
I will try to make a short video of the problems im having, just to show what it looks like.

I also will play the samen movie on my old HTPC which i connected (wired) and configured (settings) the same way as the Shield.
My old friend, the HTPC, doesnt have the problem with the same movie played over the wired network (same setup as the Shield)...its flawless, so that rules out if its a problem with the TV or my Receiver.

I will do a complete factory reset of the Shield, install the latest stable build (17.5.1) and go from there.
Cause if i remember correct i never did a complete reset of the Shield itself.
(2017-11-05, 15:37)Mitchlw Wrote: My old friend, the HTPC, doesnt have the problem with the same movie played over the wired network (same setup as the Shield)...its flawless, so that rules out if its a problem with the TV or my Receiver.

I will do a complete factory reset of the Shield, install the latest stable build (17.5.1) and go from there.
Cause if i remember correct i never did a complete reset of the Shield itself.

That might be best as I couldn't see anything in your log that would be causing the issue, though someone else might.  You may have another app that's causing the issue, as I have seen that before, so if you go down the reset process I would setup Kodi first before doing anything else and see if you can replicate the issue.

Also, you stated that your settings are the same on the Shield as your HTPC, which is not something you should do.  You should setup the settings in Kodi independently and start with only settings the refresh rate change (don't use sync playback to display), adjust the refresh rate change delay, if needed, and any audio settings you need to set.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
So i did the factory reset and installed Kodi 17.5.1, no issues so far.
Before i sometimes had Audio Sync issues and had to offset the audio to make it work, that problem is also gone.

What i do see is when i start a movie/serie and my tv get set to the right Hz, the screen and sound blink (go on and off) the first 2 seconds. When that occurs i just press the 'down' button after everything is set and the movie start playing from the start again, no hickups so far....so lets hope its over.

PS. On how many MS (miliseconds) is your Audio Sync set on the Shield?? should it be a 0ms? I ask this because the default is 50ms.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield VS. (my older) HTPC0