Linux Updating to ffmpeg v3.4 break kodi playback
Thank you for starting this thread. I been trying to figure this out for almost 2 days now. I too am running arch. What is the easiest fix for this?
Just downgrade the ffmpeg package to the previous version (ffmpeg-1:3.3.4-1) and, for the moment, put the package in the ignore list for further updates.

Check in /var/cache/pacman/pkg if previous version of ffmpeg is still present, then install it (pacman -U ffmpeg-1:3.3.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz)

Then to prevent further updates of this packages, add it to /etc/pacman.conf, in the "IgnorePkg" list.
(2017-10-24, 11:14)Luke9999 Wrote: Just downgrade the ffmpeg package to the previous version (ffmpeg-1:3.3.4-1) and, for the moment, put the package in the ignore list for further updates.

Check in /var/cache/pacman/pkg if previous version of ffmpeg is still present, then install it (pacman -U ffmpeg-1:3.3.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz)

Then to prevent further updates of this packages, add it to /etc/pacman.conf, in the "IgnorePkg" list.

As you want latest and greatest - and are not interested in stability (as you mix everything with everything else anyways) - why not helping us testing v18? It comes with ffmpeg 3.4 and everything bleeding edge might bite you is there included.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-10-24, 14:05)fritsch Wrote:
(2017-10-24, 11:14)Luke9999 Wrote: Just downgrade the ffmpeg package to the previous version (ffmpeg-1:3.3.4-1) and, for the moment, put the package in the ignore list for further updates.

As you want latest and greatest - and are not interested in stability (as you mix everything with everything else anyways) - why not helping us testing v18? It comes with ffmpeg 3.4 and everything bleeding edge might bite you is there included.

This is what I'm going to do with my secondary Arch installation.
Hi again,

In my case, the "bloodiest" bleeding "stable" versions are now ok.

"ffmpeg -version" command output

"kodi --version" command output

small kodi sample taken a few moments ago

Cheers.

Thank-you!
@fritsch @wsnipex @Martijn - Thank you all for the quick replies and insights. Also, for all the work you put into the project Smile
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
(2017-10-26, 23:35)graysky Wrote: @fritsch @wsnipex @Martijn - Thank you all for the quick replies and insights.  Also, for all the work you put into the project Smile

@graysky
I can confirm the issue on openSUSE Tumbleweed. Since the upgrade to ffmpeg 3.4 I suffer the exact same symptoms. So this is not even arch specific.
Fusion E-350, 4 GB RAM, SSD, openSUSE Tumbleweed 64bit KDE, Mesa-10.2.3, latest stable Kernel, XBMC FernetMenta-Git

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating to ffmpeg v3.4 break kodi playback0