• 6(current)
v19 Kodi Android Installer
Hi Chaps,

could do with a little bit of help with this tool.

I have installed it on to my firetv box rev 1 which already has 17.3 on it.  i made sure that "unknown sources" was ticked and downloaded the update that i wanted. i watched as it downloaded the file and then - nothing, i was assuming it would auto update itself.  (my mistake) nothing is that easy.   so i looked into the installers information and noticed it seems to be setup for an nvidia shield tv.  could someone please tell me what i need to do next just to update my old version please.  any information would be very much appreciated. does it require some kind of file explorer, because i tried using kodi's internal file explorer and could not find the apk anywhere.  also my firetv box is not rooted.
Quick update, it may come in handy for others,...

forget about ES File explorer,... i have no idea why its still available in the fire store,... its useless unless you pay up for the full version,.... much better to install "Total Commander" its free, quick, and painless. it makes it easy to find your downloaded version of kodi and by pressing the centre remote button on the apk it asks if you would like to install it, it shows your old version and the version you are about to update.  when i ran kodi from the home screen it went through a quick "running for 1st time" (no idea why that was).. but everything was still in its place.
(2020-03-01, 08:24)sadsack007 Wrote: when i ran kodi from the home screen it went through a quick "running for 1st time" (no idea why that was).. but everything was still in its place.

It's normal to get that message after every update (or if you clear the cache before running).
Will this addon be updated for kodi 19

Lol I just checked the github and now I see it has been updated for kodi 19 an  hour ago
(2020-07-05, 05:34)DNKK Wrote: Will this addon be updated for kodi 19

Lol I just checked the github and now I see it has been updated for kodi 19 an  hour ago

This add on is not working for me in kodi 19. It errors out giving a class type python error
(2020-07-10, 05:41)DNKK Wrote:
(2020-07-05, 05:34)DNKK Wrote: Will this addon be updated for kodi 19

This add on is not working for me in kodi 19. It errors out giving a class type python error
what version are you running? please install my beta repo to receive the latest update; THX
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
thk that fixed it was version 1.30 I think that is available in the official kodi v19 repo
V.1.3.2 is the latest...
Need help with this addon.

Could someone tell me if I just installed it wrong?

I downloaded the zip file and uploaded it into fire tv stick using adb link app remote however when I ran the app from the menu for the first time it updated and installed kodi, I'm assuming to a root or higher level than normal because non of my addons or content were there any longer and usually when I manually update kodi that never happens.

What folder should I install to and then run from? in the fire tv stick hierarchy
~ Creator of none, hacker of some, jack of all traits, master of some...
~ YIRMASTER ~
Domaineer, Coldfusion Dev, Kodi customizer, Hedonist
It would be nice if there was support built in for other devices like Amazon Fire, etc. Nvidia Shield preset works great, but would be nice if more presets were included. Thanks!
(2020-11-05, 14:57)jdig4240 Wrote: It would be nice if there was support built in for other devices like Amazon Fire, etc. Nvidia Shield preset works great, but would be nice if more presets were included. Thanks!

If you can provide me with the app.id for the default firetv file manager, I'll add it to the next update.
I need help with this add-on on my Nvidia Shield TV PRo. There are no instructions on how to use it. I'm trying to down grade from 19.1 to 19.0 to try and solve an issue. I downloaded 19.0 but it failed to install. I have no idea how to uninstall the existing version (19.1). If I uninstall it from my Shield TV then I obviously won't be able to run the Add-on to install the current version.

Also, how can I delete the downloaded file manually after the failed installation? Where is it saved?
(2021-06-13, 15:40)vikenk Wrote: I need help with this add-on on my Nvidia Shield TV PRo. There are no instructions on how to use it. I'm trying to down grade from 19.1 to 19.0 to try and solve an issue. I downloaded 19.0 but it failed to install. I have no idea how to uninstall the existing version (19.1). If I uninstall it from my Shield TV then I obviously won't be able to run the Add-on to install the current version.

Also, how can I delete the downloaded file manually after the failed installation? Where is it saved?

You can not downgrade without uninstalling Kodi first which defeats using the plugin...

Downloads are stored at "/storage/emulated/0/download".
Hi, how do we get this to work with Fire TV app ?
its a nice clean app. i would love to use it with fire tv. 
fire tv has a native file manager but its not available for users, its called "files".
(2021-12-07, 19:18)nero12 Wrote: Hi, how do we get this to work with Fire TV app ?
its a nice clean app. i would love to use it with fire tv.

Install any Android file explorer, then select that explorer in Kodi android installers settings.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Android Installer1