Trying to match kodi genre with mythtv categories
Running: mythtv 0.28, kodi 17.4

After reading the main thread I tried copying /usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/resources/eit_categories.txt to /home/derek/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv/eit_categories.txt
with the thought that updating this would fix the genres not matching the categories.

For example:
mysql> select category,title,category_type from program where title like '%Machine%';
+----------+------------------------------------+---------------+
| category | title | category_type |
| Action | Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines | movie |
1 row in set (0.02 sec)

In the kodi epg it is listed as genre : Adventure/Western/War but eit_categories.txt has only 0x12;"Movie - Adventure/Western/War"
The movie part does not show
0x12 also has Adventure, Action, Western, War

I tried creating 0x12;"Movie - Action" in the userdata copy of eit_categories.txt and cycling Kodi, but it made no difference

Is anyone able to give instructions on how to do this one, after which I should be able to fix others (especially the "Other / Unknown" genre

Thanks Derek
(2017-10-22, 03:31)glubbish Wrote: Running: mythtv 0.28, kodi 17.4

After reading the main thread I tried copying /usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/resources/eit_categories.txt to /home/derek/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv/eit_categories.txt
with the thought that updating this would fix the genres not matching the categories.

For example:
mysql> select category,title,category_type from program where title like '%Machine%';
| category | title                              | category_type |
| Action   | Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines | movie         |
1 row in set (0.02 sec)

In the kodi epg it is listed as genre : Adventure/Western/War but eit_categories.txt has only 0x12;"Movie - Adventure/Western/War"
The movie part does not show
0x12 also has Adventure, Action, Western, War

I tried creating 0x12;"Movie - Action" in the userdata copy of eit_categories.txt and cycling Kodi, but it made no difference

Is anyone able to give instructions on how to do this one, after which I should be able to fix others (especially the "Other / Unknown" genre

Thanks Derek
Hi Derek. The eit categories file allows you to match the Kodi code i.e 0x12 with one or more category name provided by your backend. For you case I guess you have to add line (or update one unused line 0x12) to match with "Action" as follow:
0x12;"Action"
You can add more lines to match 0x12 with others backend categories.
Hi Janbar,

eit_categories.txt already has:

0x12;"Movie - Action"
0x12;"Action"

The genre in the mythtv epg shows : Adventure/Western/War

Thanks Derek
That's right: the epg code 0x12 is "Adventure/Western/war". Probably you want to match "Action" to an other epg code. So you have to choose the one you want.
Hi Janbar,

Still cant work this out.

mysql> select category,title,category_type,seriesid,programid,manualid,generic,listingsource from program where title like '%Dive%';
+----------+-----------+---------------+-----------+-------------+----------+---------+---------------+
| category | title     | category_type | seriesid  | programid   | manualid | generic | listingsource |
+----------+-----------+---------------+-----------+-------------+----------+---------+---------------+
| Action   | Divergent | movie         | 214470996 | MV214470996 |        0 |       0 |             4 |
1 row in set (0.03 sec)

Looked at https://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_en/300...11101p.pdf (page 40) and see:

0x1 0x0 movie/drama (general)
0x1 0x1 detective/thriller
0x1 0x2 adventure/western/war
0x1 0x3 science fiction/fantasy/horror
0x1 0x4 comedy
0x1 0x5 soap/melodrama/folkloric
0x1 0x6 romance
0x1 0x7 serious/classical/religious/historical movie/drama
0x1 0x8 adult movie/drama
0x1 0x9 to 0xE Reserved for future use
0x1 0xF user defined

So tried 0x19;"Movie - Action" in /usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/resources/eit_categories.txt

Cycled kodi (is this necessary?)
but it still comes up as adventure/western/war

Perhaps if you can explain the relationship?
ie: the mythtv listing shows the above as action.
kodi shows it as adventure/western/war

adventure/western/war matches with 0x12

how does eit_categories deal with this?
Does it get action or 0x12 from mythtv?
if its 0x12, then if I have
0x12 adventure/western/war
0x12 action
how does kodi know which one to use?

I guess the main question is, myth says action, how do we get kodi to say that as well?

Thanks Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to match kodi genre with mythtv categories0