v17 TV no adapter available and tuner parameter tab in TV input configuration disappeared
Hi Guys, I decided to move from a win7/mediaportal to a ubuntu/kodi environment, but the installation is driving me crazy. I hope someone can help me.

Last night, I finally got TVheadend and Kodi running after 4 hours struggling Sad I finally could see watch SAT TV in KODI. This morning, after booting the pc and starting KODI--> TV, when I selected any channel I got the message that no adapter is available.

In the tvheadend configuration in the browser I see, that the tv card is updating the EPG, however, I cannot start the channel preview there, after Loading... for a while, I receive the message "an unknown error occurred" and when checking the TV adapter, in the configuration tab I discover, that for one of the 2 tuners of my twin card the line where  I can select the unicable I SAT parameters has disappared!. I believe, the error message has to do with that? Can someone tell me first, how I can get the bloody entry tab back? I already had the same behaviour during the first installation yesterday. Re-installing the TV tuner drivers did not help at all. I solved the problem by re-installing Ubuntu completely, but I do not intend to re-install the operating system every day.

This installation is quite frustrating, but I hope that somebody can help me to get KODI running in a stable way...I wouldn't want to go back to Windows.

A couple of details about my environment:

TV-Tuner Digital Devices Cine S2 V7
Unicable/SCR LNB
Ubuntu 16.04
TVheadend 4.2.4.-3
KODI 17.4

I am quite a beginner with Linux guys...please "go easy with the explanations" Wink
Where did you get that version of tvh? 

Get the version from the repo, I use Libreelec, Krypton 17.3 the latest version in the Libreelec repo is 4.0

I have tried different versions of 4.2 but have had trouble. 

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=270471
The current stable/release of TVH is 4.2.4. LibreELEC notoriously ships either out-of-date stable TVH packages, or uses current development versions (which are slow to get updates and often still use old/stale versions of 4.3, etc.).

As the OP stated, (s)he's using Ubuntu, not LE.

To the OP: have you ensured that your TVH setup survives reboots, without Kodi? Before troubleshooting problems that may or may not be related to Kodi and/or pvr.hts, ensure that Tvheadend is working fine first. After eliminating Tvheadend as the source of problems, then move on to Kodi configuration.

In Tvheadend, make sure that your interface level is set to "Expert", either in your user configuration or in the general settings. This will ensure that all options are always available.
Thanks for the advices guys Smile

I Installed the package following this guide: https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend...Repository and went for the stable-4.2 version. Should I already go for the 4.2.4. version?

Yes, I was working all the time with the "expert view".

For now I could solve the problem...I found out that, despite my commands -- purge remove; autoremove and clean, Ubuntu was still leaving many tvheadend*.* files on the hdd. I deleted them manually and after reinstalling tvheadend all entry tab was back again. I still wonder, why the tab disappears at all…a bug maybe?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV no adapter available and tuner parameter tab in TV input configuration disappeared0