Solved no DD/DTS on streaming sources only, shows only AAC2.0
I have been struggling with this issue and have not been able to find a solution. I hope you can help me.

I have Kodi setup to passthrough advanced audio formats through HDMI, and it all works flawlessly on locally stored video files. I have files with DD5.1, Dolby Digital True HD, DTS and DTS-HD and the are all passed through my Onkyo receiver without problems. Even x265 4K HDR rips with Dolby TrueHD play fine.

One of the reasons i still use locally stored video files instead of streaming sources, was because of the lesser audio options. Now however, more and more streaming sources are 4K and are using these advanced audio codecs. 

Here's the problem: Every stream I open shows the audio as AAC2.0, even though the stream is being advertised as either DD5.1, DTS, DTS-HD or something else. I have treid dozens of streams to know that is in an issue on my end and not a faulty stream. 

Is it even possible to stream content with DTS audio, DTS-HD or Dolbu TrueHD? if so, any ideas why it's not working on my end?

Here are my specs:
Kodi 17.4, Aug 22 2017 build
Windows 10 Home 1703
Intel i7-7700HQ
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 1060
WASAPI HDMI 7.1 output, with allow passtrough enabled and all options selected
Sync playback to display disabled.

Ive tried almost any combination of options with regards to output configuration, stereo upmix, resample quality, all without luck. Like I said locally stored files play the audio fine, streamed sources always show up as AAC2.0. 

I'm all out of ideas, hope you guys can help me.
What streams?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
edit: Freel free to delete this thread. Source of the streams apparently did not have 5.1 audio as advertised.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no DD/DTS on streaming sources only, shows only AAC2.00