v17 ALSA passthrough SPDIF
Bad News Sad
LibreELEC - wan't boot, some error about mounting main partition
Ubuntu 17.10 - same crashes from speakers, VLC is working fine
Hi, 

Is have the same problem with my QNAP's Kodi, and ATV CristalHD Kodi.
Here is the effect on video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1oY9cSBCeZqLk0qf2
Did you have the same problem, and have you solved it?
Both device worked well on my Old Samsung TV, on my new LG OLED TV both Kodi (on my QNAP and on my old AppleTV devices) doing this. Both run Ubuntu, don't they?
Any idea?

Thanks
Blame your LG - most TVs accept only AC3 anyways.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-03-18, 20:33)fritsch Wrote: Blame your LG - most TVs accept only AC3 anyways.
 Thank you, but it's not an explanation (the other part of the system is shit), isn't it? Sometimes it works (the TV play and pass DD to receiver) well for 1-2 minutes, and then comes this terrible sound.
Try with aplay and dedicated spdif wavs to see if you can reproduce just one layer above the drivers.

Like this:
Code:
aplay -D hw:X,Y,AES0=6 -r48000 -f s16_le -c2 "some non encapsulated raw pt" format.
You need to change X,Y to e.g. 0,0 or 1,0 depending on your aplay -L

alternatively:
Code:
wget http://www.lynnepublishing.com/surround/www_lynnemusic_com_surround_test.ac3
mplayer -ao alsa:device=WHATEVER -ac hwac3 www_lynnemusic_com_surround_test.ac3 -loop 0
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you, I'll try it. Simply write this commands to the QNAP via Putty console as admin? (Sry, I'm a linux noob.)

Anyway, the TV receive and pass (trough SPDIF) the Dolby Digital sound of my Set Top Box via HDMI, so I think it is not a HDMI port problem.
(2018-03-18, 21:29)fritsch Wrote: Try with aplay and dedicated spdif wavs to see if you can reproduce just one layer above the drivers.

Like this:
Code:
aplay -D hw:X,Y,AES0=6 -r48000 -f s16_le -c2 "some non encapsulated raw pt" format.
You need to change X,Y to e.g. 0,0 or 1,0 depending on your aplay -L

alternatively:
Code:
wget http://www.lynnepublishing.com/surround/www_lynnemusic_com_surround_test.ac3
mplayer -ao alsa:device=WHATEVER -ac hwac3 www_lynnemusic_com_surround_test.ac3 -loop 0
This is the answer from Qnap to aplay -L (is it normal?):
[~] # aplay -L
ALSA lib control.c:953Sadsnd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL hw:0

There is no mplayer command/app on Qnap.

But there is VLC player, and it do the same after 1-2 minutes of playback. So it is a linux or driver issue.
Try with a windows machine and see.
(2018-03-19, 11:06)fritsch Wrote: Try with a windows machine and see.
 Windows Kodi works perfectly.
I made a new video that shows the problem better.
And I opened a new thread, because I think it is not the same problem.
Good Grief! I have no idea what I'm doing.....any suggestions on how I get to post a question for myself.....got the email and code... clicked on the link.....but never saw a place to key the code in......and hold all laughing until I've at least logged out. 😁

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ALSA passthrough SPDIF0