No sound on audio files when playing from a different device
Hello, I recently installed Kodi 17.04 on my Ubuntu computer and set up a small home server. I added a simple mp3 audio file into the music category to test if the server works properly. I joined the server through the web interface to test out if I can listen to the audio file. When I click on the icon, the sound from the audio file plays on the computer that hosts the server instead of my windows PC. I am new to this kind of work so if I did not give any important information away please tell me so. Thanks for your help.
Since this is likely a Linux audio server support question I’m going to move this.

Could you clarify your set up? how are you using Kodi ad an audio server? are you using built in Pulseaudio? or some UPnP app? or doing something else entirely?
Hello and thanks for your help! I am using Kodi as a simple server to store audio, video, and image files. I am using the builtin pulseaudio settings.
If you use the kodi webinterface, then you are remote controlling the kodi server.
You can serve the files to another computer via Upnp (wiki) sharing
Thanks for your reply! I'll see if this works and if it does, I'll make sure to edit this reply and let you know!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound on audio files when playing from a different device0