<SOLVED> Raspi won't connect to the internet
First things first: Openelec 8.0.4, Krypton 17.3, raspi3

My raspi is connected to the local network. It has an IP. The smb shares are working. I can ssh into it. But when i try to ping the web, i get 100% loss.

I have tried the disabling of ipv6, doesn't work.

It did this right after it updated an addon, so I'm at a loss as to what happened.
What has this to do with Kodi?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Well for one thing i cant connect to the server.  If I try to scan something to the library it gives me the cant connect to server scan anyways dialog box and then it crashes. Second, it happened after I updated an official Kodi addon. So thats two reasons.

If you aren't going to be helpful, don't post, or delete the post. Sheesh.
Connecting to a network is an operating system problem, not a Kodi problem.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Oh really. Then how come some users have edited their advancedsettings.xml file to disable ipv6 and it sometimes fixes this problem? THat's a Kodi file if i'm not mistaken.
Usuing nano, I edited the advancedsettings.xml file within the userdata.  I placed the following within the advancedsettings brackets, restarted and now it works.

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
That won't affect ping.
Quote:I have tried the disabling of ipv6, doesn't work.

Quote:Usuing nano, I edited the advancedsettings.xml file within the userdata. I placed the following within the advancedsettings brackets, restarted and now it works.

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

I'm interested how you tried to disable ipv6 in the first place where you claimed that it doesn't worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
<SOLVED> Raspi won't connect to the internet0