General advice on Enigma 2 experience
Hello,

I have only just found out about Enigma 2 boxes and am consider one - I am still getting up to speed on what they are.

My current setup is based upon a headless server, containing a couple of PCIe tuner cards and running TVHeadend.

I have a number of RPi clients that all connect to the server and use the TVHeadend plugin for Live TV and recordings.

I was just wondering what the general experience was like using an Enigma 2 box - I understand that you can still run Kodi on it.

Is there anything I should be aware of or any obvious pros/cons?
I've a client/server setup with an enigma box (server) and several KODI krypton clients (rpis, arms, ...) because of it's simplicity. Nearly everything works out of the box in this setup and only little configuration is necessary.

But if you want an extendible and flexible solution you're better off with your TVHeadend setup. Be careful if you want to run KODI on the Enigma box, because these boxes are full of binary blobs and what works on one box can fail on another box (or with the next update, ...).

Perhaps it's not the best time to switch to an Enigma box, because the PVR-client has no active maintainer and there are many PVR-API changes with KODI Leia, so it's possible, that you have to wait for Leia until someone has adapted the plugin (if ever)
Thank you for that - really appreciate it.

I think I will stick with TVH afterall.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
General advice on Enigma 2 experience0