v17 About those disabled addons after deleting addons.db
You are right, they show up in search. Good riddance.

I never read the notifications when the dependencies are being installed. Looking for them in the relevant addon.xml is much easier. 
One question though. Why weren't they marked as orphans when the skin was removed? What did they (both or each one on its own) depend on that prevented them from being marked?
I think only those under "Manage dependencies" can be marked as orphaned. ie uncategorised scripts that don't work standalone.
Not sure if the aforementioned add-ons can work standalone though, in which case it would be a flaw.

About the addon.xml, I know, I was pointing a way to do it via GUI that you asked.
3 years, 2 major versions and a dozen subversions later and not one thing has changed.

I removed plugin.video.playthis from all my systems (running 18.9 or 19.1 everywhere) since I found a better solution for my "cast to" needs. And script.module.youtube.dl, direct dependency of playthis, remains installed although and is not shown as an orphan. I had to use search in order to find and remove it.

---edit
And to stay ontopic
One good thing that v19 brought was the EnableAddon action. Now I can simply enable a disabled addon with
Code:
kodi-send --action="EnableAddon(plugin.video.youtube)"
and be done in a split second, instead of going through menus and submenus.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
About those disabled addons after deleting addons.db0