Fluctuating data rate when playing back from timeshift buffer
There seems to be a bug/quirk which results in fluctuating data rate between tvheadend front and back end when playing back from the timeshift buffer.
I’m using tvheadend 4.2.4-3 backend on an linux mint 18.2 intel Core i3 laptop, connected to a  SAT>IP receiver (DIGIBIT R1) and  various amologic S905 kodi 17.4  frontends which are running on android and libreelec.
Live TV works fine with no issues but whenever I rewind e.g. by 5 mins, playback resumes almost immediately and plays fine for about 5 - 10 seconds and then  buffers for about 3 seconds before continuing playback. The buffering rarely happens again until I forward or rewind. This  behaviour still  happens even when I use a ram only timeshift buffer or a raspberry pi backend.
All equipment is connected by 100Mbps wired Ethernet network so network speeds should not be an issue.
I have tried various settings with advancedsettings.xml but this has not stopped the buffering that happens 5-10 seconds after playback resumes.  
below are screen grabs of the backend PC system monitor showing the network data rates in the two different scenarios.

1.  Only one frontend client playing  from the timeshift buffer 5 mins behind live TV.  Wildly fluctuating data rates can be seen. 

2.  One frontend client playing live TV (backend timeshift is on) and a second client playing a recording from the same backend.  The data rate is relatively constant which rules out hard  disk activity being the issue.

Kodi 17.x clients on Windows 10 seem to cope a bit better with the data fluctuation but it still exists.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated.
Image links updated.
Can someone at least explain what is going on? is the fluctuating data expected behaviour?
You have no more PVR buffering with Kodi 17.
The problem come from an update from Kodi 16 to Kodi 17 no ?
(2018-01-07, 12:50)nings Wrote: You have no more PVR buffering with Kodi 17.
The problem come from an update from Kodi 16 to Kodi 17 no ?
 No, I believe this is now done automatically since 17, in previous version you had to configure the buffering size in the Advanced settings file. From what I understand Kodi still has buffering, its just done automatically.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fluctuating data rate when playing back from timeshift buffer0