Gear Icon
I have just downloaded Koki.  I am going though directions for adding some things and I keep seeing instructions to "Go to Koki main menu and click the gear icon,"  I have now spent almost an hour trying to find this gear icon and while I may not have the best vision I am not blind.  I can't find it anywhere.  I can't upload a screenshot and I don't use online sites for my pics and I'm not going to create an account somewhere just for this.  So, your going to have to trust me that there is no gear icon on the Koki main page that I can find.
Hello @ DFergFLA

It is possible you are using a different skin. If you tell us which skin you are using, we can guide you better.

On the default skin Estuary, which is pictured below, have a look in the top left corner underneath the word Kodi. It is the middle icon.

If you want to upload an image, there is no need to create an account. Simply go to... https://imgbb.com/ drag and drop your photo on the page and upload. Then copy and paste the address in the address bar into a post here
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-25, 05:10)DFergFLA Wrote: I have just downloaded Koki.  I am going though directions for adding some things and I keep seeing instructions to "Go to Koki main menu and click the gear icon,"  I have now spent almost an hour trying to find this gear icon and while I may not have the best vision I am not blind.  I can't find it anywhere.  I can't upload a screenshot and I don't use online sites for my pics and I'm not going to create an account somewhere just for this.  So, your going to have to trust me that there is no gear icon on the Koki main page that I can find.
And for the record, our software is named 'Kodi'. Not 'Koki'. ;-)
I got this worked out.  My Linux distro had an old version.  I updated to the new version and volia the gear icon was there.  Now I am having remote issues... but I have different threads for that.  Thanks for the help.
I am pretty new to this but I'm having the same problem w/missing gear icon...actually the whole Kodi menu.  I have just installed 17.6 and want to add a build but have somehow hidden the actual Kodi menu.  My screen is just movie skins w/menu options such as 'music,' 'movies,' 'TV shows.....'  Any help is appreciated. Cheers!!
Tony if you read above you will see the answer, if its a different skin make sure you are using kodi from the ppa as shown in the wiki. 

If the gear icon isn't on your skin look for settings.
Which Build are you trying to install?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I am having the same problem with no gear icon and I cant find setting anywhere either? I have found no one that has the same menu for kodi 17.4 as me online to help. I believe my skin is aeonnox silvo v6.0.7
The "gear icon" merely describes the icon used in Kodi's default skin for accessing the system settings.  Other skins may use a different icon entirely, or the word "system".  I believe Aeon Nox Silvo uses the word "system".

See the screenshots in this thread
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gear Icon0