Kodi and PlexKodiConnect Plugin
Hello guys,

is somebody experiencing the same Problem?
At first my Setup:
Synology DS213 NAS with PlexMediaServer
Amazon Fire TV (not the stick) with Kodi and PlexKodiConnect
everything wired with LAN cable

Now when I am in Kodi on my FireTV and I select a Movie from my NAS, it takes about 1-3 minutes for the movie to start. After that everything works fine. I can Switch between languages, fast Forward and so on.
Does anybody have an idea what might causes this behaviour? I have Setup the plexkodiconnect plugin to "Addon" (not "Direct Play"). So usually I would think that setting things to "Direct Play" would solve the issue but sometimes the movie loads a lot faster with the "Addon"-Setup.

I dont really want to Switch to "Direct Play" because I tried it once and messed everything up so I had to reinstall everything because not even switching back to "Addon" made my Installation work again.

Maybe somebody went through the same issue as me and has a tip for me?

Thanks guys.
You will need to provide a debug log. The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, try to play the movie. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hello,

here is the log file. Sorry but the logfile was too large for pastebin, so I had to upload it into my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n973pn4k96q8ez1/kodi.log?dl=0
I already disabled "library scan at startup" but there still seems to be a lot of scaning log in the log file. Is that normal?

So what I did was: I started Kodi, went into the movie section, selected the movie Birdman (it asked me if I want to resume at 01h42m - I confirmed that) and waited for 3minutes. After nothing happened (only the loading icon was rotating) I hit the return button on the remote and uploaded the log file.
Just tried to look at your log, but it is a download. We don't like downloading files. It is too messy and time consuming- download, save, scan for virus, unzip, read, then all the cleanup required after. Big deal you say?? Try doing that 50 times a day. Smile

Please post to a pastebin site. If your log is large, use http://paste.ubuntu.com/
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
alright. This worked out Smile

http://paste.ubuntu.com/25832549/
nobody?
push
Did you find out what happened?, I am interested.
Due to how PKC works I would suggest you try adding one of your sources directly in Kodi, and test playing a file directly (set the scraper to none so it doesn't mess your library up)

If it plays fine its probably a PKC issue and you're better to go to Croneter directly and raise an issue on his Github, start here https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConn...port-A-Bug

I find direct play best as Kodi is directly opening the SMB stream to my file server.  It gives instant performance and should be no slower than native Kodi as the files are being opened in the same way
SOLVED: using Direct Path solved the problem

Hello Community,

Since my upgrading to Leia i have major problems with PKC. I tried to do a full reset but it fails and crashes during sync.
Here is my log file:
ocobuwopek.kodi (paste)

I hope someone can see whats wrong. There are many errors in the log.
(2019-02-27, 12:50)joostzilla Wrote: SOLVED: using Direct Path solved the problem

Hello Community,

Since my upgrading to Leia i have major problems with PKC. I tried to do a full reset but it fails and crashes during sync.
Here is my log file:
ocobuwopek.kodi (paste)

I hope someone can see whats wrong. There are many errors in the log.
Hi there, What do you mean by "Direct Path"?, I don't know if you are talking about something inside Kodi or Windows....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi and PlexKodiConnect Plugin0