New 4k amazon fire box not compatible
32bit version installed fine on the new 4k FireTV for me using ADBlink, but wow is it sluggish when the AFTV is set to 4k. Videos are very jerky I'm guessing because it's upscaling and I couldn't find a way to set Kodi to use a lower resolution than the AFTV. Might be returning this little thing if I can't run Netflix and Amazon at 4k and still have Kodi working.
(2017-10-25, 23:18)Kingwill60 Wrote:
(2017-10-25, 23:00)Hitcher Wrote: Have you enabled all the developer options?

Installed fine for me using adbLink.

Yes I have. I've never used adblink can you give instructions - I have a macbook?

Check steps 8 - 13 in my post here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=322287

It might be easier.
(2017-10-25, 23:21)Hitcher Wrote:
Woo Hoo! thank you so much...success!
(2017-10-25, 23:26)Chimera2345 Wrote: 32bit version installed fine on the new 4k FireTV for me using ADBlink, but wow is it sluggish when the AFTV is set to 4k.  Videos are very jerky I'm guessing because it's upscaling and I couldn't find a way to set Kodi to use a lower resolution than the AFTV.   Might be returning this little thing if I can't run Netflix and Amazon at 4k and still have Kodi working.

How is the playback at 1080p? I dont have 4k TVs at home so will only use this at 1080p.

I used the fire stick for the past couple of weeks but returned it yesterday. 1080p videos on the firestick were a bit jittery, especially when camera was panning.
(2017-10-25, 23:39)quayrd Wrote:
(2017-10-25, 23:26)Chimera2345 Wrote: 32bit version installed fine on the new 4k FireTV for me using ADBlink, but wow is it sluggish when the AFTV is set to 4k.  Videos are very jerky I'm guessing because it's upscaling and I couldn't find a way to set Kodi to use a lower resolution than the AFTV.   Might be returning this little thing if I can't run Netflix and Amazon at 4k and still have Kodi working.

How is the playback at 1080p? I dont have 4k TVs at home so will only use this at 1080p.

I used the fire stick for the past couple of weeks but returned it yesterday. 1080p videos on the firestick were a bit jittery, especially when camera was panning.

For now: Refreshrate switching does not work properly. Only 59.98 hz is announced / found. Audio wise: DTS, AC3, EAC3 works. Not too sure about multi-channel as I can only read logfiles. We will have one here at devcon tomorrow, let's see.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Installed (32bit) fine for me. 64bit failed. 

Still setting up Kodi atm. 

Edit: It appears the back button doesn't work in Kodi...
Edit2: Seems the back button on my remote is actually broken. Can't go back in regular firetv stuff.
Problem is solved. Go ahead and install the 32 bit version using downloader. It will not perform the install just the download. However it appears downloader has issues with the file type so wont install it. Use total commander (file manager) search for it and install it. use it to find the file in the downloader folder, click on the file and it will install it. And if you are like me, it let me easily delete the extra copies of the file. Kodi runs as normal, checked it with 1080 media and had no buffering issues.

Mine is performing about the same. Only tried one 1080 item and it just performed horribly. I didn't have a problem with the af2. 

Hopefully this is resolved soon otherwise I'm with you... This will be going back.
Where can Kodi 17.5.1 be downloaded from, on play store only 17.5?

(2017-10-25, 22:27)citygrecian Wrote:
(2017-10-25, 22:23)quayrd Wrote:
(2017-10-25, 22:20)citygrecian Wrote: I had a little trouble installing it from ES file explorer, nothing would happen when I clicked the link, I then found that if I went to "more" in the bottom right corner then selected "open in browser" it would then download and install.

Now it's installed but for some reason the refresh rates are absolutely awful on anything higher than 480p.

Which version of kodi did you install?

Installed 17.5.1
(2017-10-26, 08:38)Jeffers24 Wrote: Where can Kodi 17.5.1 be downloaded from, on play store only 17.5?

(2017-10-25, 22:27)citygrecian Wrote:
(2017-10-25, 22:23)quayrd Wrote: Which version of kodi did you install?

Installed 17.5.1

Kodi.tv/download

Have exactly the same problem. Menus are sluggish, videos are jerky and horrible to watch.

Might need to send mine back if it can't do Kodi properly.
Glad I'm not the only one, it's unusable at 4k.
How is the performance at 1080p?
If I set the AFTV to 1080p (so Kodi follows suit) everything runs great, menus are smooth (I'm using Nox), no stuttering even with very high bitrate stuff passing through DTS-MA. It just means I can't watch 4k Netflix/Amazon content which is kind of the point of having a 4k AFTV.
(2017-10-27, 17:37)Chimera2345 Wrote: If I set the AFTV to 1080p (so Kodi follows suit) everything runs great, menus are smooth (I'm using Nox), no stuttering even with very high bitrate stuff passing through DTS-MA.  It just means I can't watch 4k Netflix/Amazon content which is kind of the point of having a 4k AFTV.

Is it too tricky changing the settings back and forth?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New 4k amazon fire box not compatible0