Is it possible to automatically make Kodi zoom on all videos in a folder ?
I have several videos that are in a folder that I always need to manually zoom on each one before it gets displayed properly. Is there some way I could make Kodi do that automatically for only videos located in that folder, not outside of it ? Is there some way I could put a txt files that Kodi can read and know how I want it to display the videos in a given folder ?
By this do you mean that the Resolution is incorrect? If you are watching a 720x576 video on a 1920x1080 screen, then you only see a small video instead of filling up the screen?

If your movies are scraped into the library, then that zoom setting should be saved for the next time you watch it. If you are simply accessing your movies via Videos>Files, then I doubt the setting would be saved as there is no database entry to save the preference in.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-25, 22:31)Karellen Wrote: By this do you mean that the Resolution is incorrect? If you are watching a 720x576 video on a 1920x1080 screen, then you only see a small video instead of filling up the screen?

If your movies are scraped into the library, then that zoom setting should be saved for the next time you watch it. If you are simply accessing your movies via Videos>Files, then I doubt the setting would be saved as there is no database entry to save the preference in.

Thanks for your reply. I have a lot of foreign language serials that I watch and these don't get recognized by any scraper. I just open them in Videos>Files. I'm doing this for my dad, who's not tech savvy, and I would just want it to see things up so that videos require little intervention. There can be as much a 50 episodes per series and having to correctly zoom each and every makes it quite a chore. That's why I came here asking if there was a better method to go about this.
Understand. But using Videos>Files to view your listing is just like using a file browser. In effect it is just a "dumb" listing with a little bit of added functionality.

To save settings, you need to create a library entry. This means scraping. That way, Kodi has somewhere to save your settings.

On my remote there is a button to zoom. Do you have that? I am not aware of any advancedsettings.xml options to allow you to zoom. But I imagine this would then affect videos that are displayed correctly.

Strange that you have so many foreign language serials that have no scraper listings. Can you provide the names and languages of a couple of them.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-26, 00:14)Karellen Wrote: Understand. But using Videos>Files to view your listing is just like using a file browser. In effect it is just a "dumb" listing with a little bit of added functionality.

To save settings, you need to create a library entry. This means scraping. That way, Kodi has somewhere to save your settings.

On my remote there is a button to zoom. Do you have that? I am not aware of any advancedsettings.xml options to allow you to zoom. But I imagine this would then affect videos that are displayed correctly.

Strange that you have so many foreign language serials that have no scraper listings. Can you provide the names and languages of a couple of them.

Thanks for taking your time to answer my queries. The videos I have don't have a listing anywhere because the language is very specific to the country I live in. Any way, thanks for your time.
No problems.

Check back occasionally. Someone else may know of a workaround or a setting I am not aware of.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to automatically make Kodi zoom on all videos in a folder ?0