Add-on Request: alternative Mute add-on
Alternative "Mute" feature:

Pressing the Mute button wouldn't really mute the volume, only would make it quieter, a given percent of the original volume and on Mute Off the original volume gets restored.
Let me explain it with some examples.
  • let's say the current volume is 45%.
  • pressing the "Mute" button, the volume gets set to 45%*60%=27% (the 60% could be a user setting) 
    • if you press the "Mute" or "Vol+" button the volume gets set back to 45%
    • if you press the "Vol-" button the volume gets decreased 27%-1%=26% (or whatever the volume step is)
      • if you press the "Mute" or "Vol+" button the volume gets set back to 45%

Rationale:
The volume gets lowered to a point where it normally will not disturb anyone, but if you listen well enough, you can still understand what is playing.
If the change percent is user configurable, each user can set it to her/his own liking. (with some sane default, like 50%).
This feature could come handy especially with live TV and all those "nice and loud" commercials.

Background:
The idea came from the car stereo of a friend (some Kenwood), that has exactly this feature with a button labeled ATT as in Attention.
Update: as it turned out Blaupunkt car stereos have the same functionality but named MUTE.

Regards,
Tylla
Ps: I tried and searched every imaginable search query for something like this, but I couldn't find anything alike. If it happens that I missed it, please be so kind and point me to the right direction (aka: don't shoot, novice here ;-)))).
Moved to Add-on Feature Requests
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on Request: alternative Mute add-on0