I would like to send something to the Kodi developers
Users of cheap chinese boxes running Kodi on Android should be happy that Kodi is working on their boxes.

I appreciate the work being done by the volunteers of Kodi team for giving us a world class quality media player for free without expecting anything in return. Everybody should be at least grateful for that.
There is nothing wrong with a cheap box that can run Kodi, from a decent vendor. I got one for my mate, it was £50. I installed vanilla Kodi on it, some legitimate addons (iPlayer, ITV, Youtube, UKTV Play), setup file sharing on his PC, showed him how to rip DVDs using Handbrake, how to manage his library and how to send YouTube videos to it from his phone. It works perfectly.

What nobody likes is the 'fly by night' vendors, that are stacking shit boxes high, loading them with crap pirate addons, punting them out to all comers, offering no support and doing it all using the Kodi name.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Just remove the android specific parts from Kodi. Problem solved.

Let the SOC resellers fork their own versions.
Also verstehe ich das richtig, ist es dir egal, was mit den Leuten ist, die sehr wenig Geld haben? Glaubst du wirklich, dass die Leute nicht wissen, dass Qualität viel besser ist, zum Beispiel Nvidia Shild? Sie glauben nicht, dass das in Ordnung ist, das verstehe ich. Aber man muss auch Verständnis für die Menschen haben, die auch gerne Kodi benutzen und keine andere Wahl haben, als eine billige Box zu kaufen. Was fehlt dir? Ich bin nicht glücklich, dass es so ist, aber manchmal ist es nicht anders. Du musst dich nicht in der Ehre beleidigt fühlen, Wer solch ein Projekt macht, muss manchmal kritisieren, Kritik ist nie nett, aber du kannst es wachsen lassen, ich danke dir für deine großartige Arbeit und hoffe, dass du kleine Leute mit wenig Geld vergessen hast .. Amazone Box benutzt auch den Mali-Chip, also musst du ihn die ganze Zeit relativieren. Natürlich gibt es sehr schlechte Boxen, Aber ich denke, der Yoka KB2 Pro 3 GB / 32 GB ist nicht so schlecht, wie Sie alle denken. Aber Leute zu diskriminieren, weil man auf die billigere Option zurückgreifen muss, ist nicht fair. Manchmal muss man sich mit weniger begnügen. So ist das Leben. Ich möchte nur, dass sich einige von euch daran erinnern, dass wir Menschen sind. Danke und alles Gute.

Freundliche Grüße.
The forum language is English, so please include at least an English language version of your post if you must use a second language.

Google translate of the above:
Quote:So I understand that correctly, do not you care what with the people who have very little money? Do you really think that people do not know that quality is much better, for example Nvidia Shild? You do not think that's okay, I understand that. But you also have to understand the people who like to use Kodi and have no choice but to buy a cheap box. What's wrong with you? I am not happy that it is so, but sometimes it is not different. You do not have to feel insulted in the honor, whoever makes such a project sometimes has to criticize, criticism is never nice, but you can grow it, thank you for your great work and hope you forget little people with little money Amazone Box also uses the Mali chip, so you have to put it into perspective all the time. Of course there are very bad boxes, but I think the Yoka KB2 Pro 3GB / 32GB is not as bad as you all think. But discriminating against people because you have to resort to the cheaper option is not fair. Sometimes you have to settle for less. So life is. I just want some of you to remember that we are human. Thanks and all the best.

Regards.

As to the point, we do not make, produce or provide hardware, so whatever people want to use to run Kodi is up to them (providing of course that there is a version of Kodi compatible with that choice).

What we do object to is people buying cheap Chinese crap and then expecting it to work with the most demanding usage cases like 4K media and that when it doesn't do so it's somehow our fault or our responsibility to fix it. This is especially true of such boxes which are often the lowest spec possible and driven by poorly written firmware and that have zero customer support from their actual makers. There are perfectly usable cheap options out there (I myself happily use a Pi3 for my main Kodi lounge solution for example), but in the end you get what you pay for, and if you have complaints about that choice then it's down to you and whoever you actually got the thing from.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
No, apparently you don't understand correctly. You are also confusing "cheap" as in cost and "cheap" as in made. Unfortunately, those usually go hand and hand. We could care less about how much you paid for a device, if you paid $5 or $500 dollars, it doesn't matter.

If you buy a box for $20, you are probably buying a device that has had less than $5 worth of effort into making that box. That means that you are probably going to get poorly developed firmware and next to zero support for your device. It is not the responsibility of Team-Kodi to make your box work with Kodi if it is poorly designed, poorly supported and poorly made.

As well, it has nothing to do with the hardware. You can have 2 devices with the same exact hardware and have vastly different experiences with both. Even if you buy a box with the exact same hardware it may work better than another because of better firmware. Usually this also means that the box is going to cost more since the developer has taken the time to work on their firmware and provide a better device. You are not just buying a box, you are buying all the effort (or lack thereof) in making that box, developing firmware and supporting it.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The other point is that kodi devs have gone out of there way to make kodi work well on cheap devices like raspberry pi, and also amlogic s905/912 run well on libreelec.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Team KODI and fanboys are at it again! I admit that the questions raised by the OP are answered in the past and the OP has some flaws in his/hers arguments, but still. Come on guys. There is only one marginally polite answer. All other are more or less childish, arrogant and/or demeaning. What is wrong with you people? I understand these kinds of threads are far too common and it is frustrating, but it DOES NOT justify being a childish arrogant prick! This sick attitude of team members that also provokes some fans to participate in this "rinkirunkkaus" orgy, is harming the reputation of KODI more than any pirate add-on ever will. This unhealthy and childish attitude has driven a bunch of devs out of the project already, but for some sick reason it is still let to continue, even on the official twitter account.

Also, saying how wonderfully and kindly the "devs have gone out of their way to make KODI work well on cheap devices like raspberry pi, and also amlogic s905/912" is, to put it politely, load of crap! There still is NOT an official release for these platforms and probably never will be. I can still remember the answers and especially their tone, when people were, politely, asking if there is going to be support for these platforms.

Sadly I expect nothing more from this post that a ban without any reason given. Like anyone else who voiced their justified and reasoned criticism in these forums. Have nice karma, team KODI...
(2017-11-07, 13:01)RinkirunkkauksenPM Wrote: Team KODI and fanboys are at it again! I admit that the questions raised by the OP are answered in the past and the OP has some flaws in his/hers arguments, but still. Come on guys. There is only one marginally polite answer. All other are more or less childish, arrogant and/or demeaning. What is wrong with you people? I understand these kinds of threads are far too common and it is frustrating, but it DOES NOT justify being a childish arrogant prick! This sick attitude of team members that also provokes some fans to participate in this "rinkirunkkaus" orgy, is harming the reputation of KODI more than any pirate add-on ever will. This unhealthy and childish attitude has driven a bunch of devs out of the project already, but for some sick reason it is still let to continue, even on the official twitter account.

Also, saying how wonderfully and kindly the "devs have gone out of their way to make KODI work well on cheap devices like raspberry pi, and also amlogic s905/912" is, to put it politely, load of crap! There still is NOT an official release for these platforms and probably never will be. I can still remember the answers and especially their tone, when people were, politely, asking if there is going to be support for these platforms.

Sadly I expect nothing more from this post that a ban without any reason given. Like anyone else who voiced their justified and reasoned criticism in these forums. Have nice karma, team KODI...

I'm sorry, but you're completely wrong in all of this.  As soon as you come to someone's home and start talking shit to/about them, the gloves are off.  The OP specifically signed up to talk shit about things he has no clue about.  There's nothing wrong with asking questions and trying to receive help, as this forum has YEARS of proof to that.  I created an account AFTER browsing this forum for years.  Easily every question I've EVER had was answered in the forums and didn't require signing up.  Sure, there is an "attitude" among some of the members in team Kodi, but if you don't like it move along.  Nobody said you have to come here.  You can use kodi and addons without ever visiting the forums.  There is an entitlement attitude with a lot of end users that LOVE to have their hands held and quite frankly it's disgusting how lazy they are.  Suck it up buttercup.
@ RinkirunkkauksenPM  

So you joined the forum just to have a dig at the devs....

Now that’s childish.....

As for official release for things like Pi, that’s done via libreelec as kodi needs an OS to run, kodi is software and doesn’t have an OS so needs another dev community that has experience in that field

The piracy/cheap box issue gets on the nerves of the devs, and such has zero tolerance on the subjects. If people actually READ the rules and the banned addons list before joining, then this wouldn’t be a problem.

Remember, this is an unpaid project by volunteers in their spare time, and want to support it on RELIABLE hardware so that end users get an enjoyable experience out of their hard work, and don’t need the rubbish that is spewed out by the media and the complaints from people using cheap/bad hardware sold on eBay that they continually get on a daily basis.
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
(2017-11-07, 13:01)RinkirunkkauksenPM Wrote: Team KODI and fanboys are at it again! I admit that the questions raised by the OP are answered in the past and the OP has some flaws in his/hers arguments, but still. Come on guys. There is only one marginally polite answer. All other are more or less childish, arrogant and/or demeaning. What is wrong with you people? I understand these kinds of threads are far too common and it is frustrating, but it DOES NOT justify being a childish arrogant prick! This sick attitude of team members that also provokes some fans to participate in this "rinkirunkkaus" orgy, is harming the reputation of KODI more than any pirate add-on ever will. This unhealthy and childish attitude has driven a bunch of devs out of the project already, but for some sick reason it is still let to continue, even on the official twitter account.

I respectfully disagree with most everything you said, including the ban statement.
I am just wondering what a
Quote:"rinkirunkkaus" orgy
is.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-11-07, 21:05)nickr Wrote: I am just wondering what a
Quote:"rinkirunkkaus" orgy
is.

https://www.urbaanisanakirja.com/word/rinkirunkkaus/

"The term, which means being in mass and possessing the same opinions and ideas, and keeping it secret."
(2017-11-07, 17:41)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: There is an entitlement attitude with a lot of end users that LOVE to have their hands held and quite frankly it's disgusting how lazy they are.

That is so spot on!
It's in all aspects of their lives.
Act like the world owes them something for their f*ck all contributions.

After reading your message I have taken the time to review this entire thread.

None of the answers are rude, most explain quite politely the rationale between what is supported and what is not, and point out the fact that you cannot make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

The rudest post is yours.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I would like to send something to the Kodi developers0