Linux Window maximized after returning from fullscreen
Hi,

After returning from fullscreen mode to windowed mode Kodi window is in maximized mode. And worse than that the window size has changed to the maximized size. So even when I take the window out of maximized mode it stil takes up the whole screen and I have to change the size by dragging.

This is new behaviour in my system. Toggling from fullscreen mode use to return the window to the previous size and not maximized. I have specified window size in advacendsettings.xml but I start Kodi in fullscreen. But if I want to check something else I'd like Kodi to to go this predefined window size.

Is there something I could do to achieve this? I don't know if this is a change in Kodi or in other parts of my system.

I'm running Kodi 17.1 on Debian. Kodi is installed from Debian packages.

No a huge issue but quite annoying.
Which DE are you using?

What happens if you remove your specified window size from advancedsettings.xml and let the DE do it's job? I have Kodi 17 on Xubuntu 16.04 and haven't made the mod to advanced settings and Kodi always returns to the last window state I used.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
I'm using the gnome-session-flashback-package which I believe is gnome2. I'm using lightdm display manager and metacity window manager.

I have tried without advancedsettings.xml and it doesn't help.

If I start Kodi in windowed mode then the window size is as specifed. Or if not specified in advancedsettings then the window size from previous session is used. But even then if I switch to fullscreen and back to windowed the window is maximized and window size is changed to the maximum size.

EDIT: tried with different window manager, mutter, and with that Kodi returns to the previous window size. So maximizing has something to do with metacity. Mutter isn't working very well for me but I'll try to find out if there's something I can do with metacity or try to find some other non-compositing window manager.
(2017-10-26, 18:52)hetas Wrote: I'm using the gnome-session-flashback-package which I believe is gnome2. I'm using lightdm display manager and metacity window manager.

I have tried without advancedsettings.xml and it doesn't help.

If I start Kodi in windowed mode then the window size is as specifed. Or if not specified in advancedsettings then the window size from previous session is used. But even then if I switch to fullscreen and back to windowed the window is maximized and window size is changed to the maximum size.

EDIT: tried with different window manager, mutter, and with that Kodi returns to the previous window size. So maximizing has something to do with metacity. Mutter isn't working very well for me but I'll try to find out if there's something I can do with metacity or try to find some other non-compositing window manager.

AFAIK Gnome 2 was forked into Mate, what you have there is Gnome 3.  Mutter is the default WM for Gnome 3.  Why not give XFCE 4 a whirl...

@speedwell68

I see your posts are getting caught up in Quotes. See here to solve...

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2658660

Love that backdrop.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-27, 11:21)Karellen Wrote: @speedwell68

I see your posts are getting caught up in Quotes. See here to solve...

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2658660

Love that backdrop.

Fixed.Big Grin

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Window maximized after returning from fullscreen0