MINIX NEO U9-H...yes or no please :)
Hi folks....quick guide to my setup at present...hi spec pc upstairs with all my movies / tv etc on...cat 6 linking this to zotac zbox mini pc downstairs running windows with kodi connected to tv.
everything working perfectly well....then i buy a new tv..samsung uhd...tbh im quite happy with 1080p...but thought id grab a 4k movie....tried to play..stuttered like crazy....thought it might be the 
network cable...so put movie directly on zbox...stuttering....so im assuming the zotac zbox doesnt have the power to handle 4k...

so the question really...with this setup if i stream from my pc to the Minix connected to tv will this play 4k ok....is it worth changing cat6 to cat7 ?

cheers peeps
Yes Android Kodi on the U9 will play 4K over its Gigabit Ethernet just fine. You may have to manually switch the Android system resolution to 4K and select the correct colorspace if viewing 4K HDR. No need to go changing Ethernet cables. You just need a box that can hardware decode 4K HEVC video.

Or use LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on the U9 and virtually everything is automatic.

(2017-10-26, 16:38)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes Android Kodi on the U9 will play 4K over its Gigabit Ethernet just fine. You may have to manually switch the Android system resolution to 4K and select the correct colorspace if viewing 4K HDR. No need to go changing Ethernet cables. You just need a box that can hardware decode 4K HEVC video.

Or use LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on the U9 and virtually everything is automatic.

Thank you....all i wanted to know ... its on my letter to santa Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MINIX NEO U9-H...yes or no please :)0