AN ADD-ON FOR THAT: Updating/Installing Nightlies, Releases, Snapshots & Testbuilds.
NOTE: THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY, DO NOT POST ABOUT ISSUES.  FOR SUPPORT FOR THIS ADD-ON SEE THE THREAD HERE: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=322783

There is now an easier way to update and install Kodi Nightlies, Releases, Snapshots & Testbuilds from mirrors.

You can install the Kodi Android Installer and update & install Kodi without the need of any external explorer.  You can download it from here: https://kodi.tv/addon/scripts/kodi-android-installer

Or install it directly from the official Kodi repository by going to Add-ons / Install from repository / Program add-ons / Kodi Android Installer.

Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Very convenient.
When I try to install the Testbuilds, an error occurs, the file is probably damaged. This is not the case when I install Releases.
(2017-10-27, 07:18)AVeliki Wrote: Very convenient.
When I try to install the Testbuilds, an error occurs, the file is probably damaged. This is not the case when I install Releases.

That is probably because you are trying to install versions older than what you have installed.  This is especially the case if you have installed 17.5 or above.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=322783
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Can we install older version over new ones?
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
this makes updating a breeze! thank you! should be included into the settings by default as a feature!
(2018-01-02, 14:16)nuwonda Wrote: this makes updating a breeze! thank you! should be included into the settings by default as a feature!

why? The addon works just fine for that
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2018-01-02, 14:24)Martijn Wrote:
(2018-01-02, 14:16)nuwonda Wrote: this makes updating a breeze! thank you! should be included into the settings by default as a feature!

why? The addon works just fine for that
it does, just it's such an integral feature that one would expect this functionality to be included by default.
You want to install unstable builds yourself.  For final releases we have Google Play store for auto updating.
(2018-01-02, 18:05)Martijn Wrote: You want to install unstable builds yourself.  For final releases we have Google Play store for auto updating.
 ahh didnt know about the gp store. that works for most android users I guess. fire stick basic doesn't though. oh well, great addon in any case!
Can you add a x86 for Android test file love to test it out I know it is a alpha version have being test since xbmc so I know the risks thanks
(2018-02-07, 10:30)mystic84 Wrote: Can you add a x86 for Android test file love to test it out I know it is a alpha version have being test since xbmc so I know the risks thanks
 There are no x86 builds anymore
can I use the arm version on my nexus player?
This works great on my Shield. It will not install anything on my Sony Bravia TV running Nougat. The 'install' button is grayed out.

Any ideas please?

something I missed in 'permissions' maybe?

thanks
As stated in the first post, this is not a support thread.  Use the link in the first post and ask your question there.

Closing this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AN ADD-ON FOR THAT: Updating/Installing Nightlies, Releases, Snapshots & Testbuilds.1