Basic Question On Interfacing Kodi With Ember Media Manager
I downloaded the Ember Media Manager (EMM) onto my Windows 7 PC . All of my movies are on a Synology NAS. The Movies Folder and sub-folders are on a mapped shared drive on the PC.

I have used EMM to correct  my database and add cover art to movies that could not be found in the scraped databases. I have read Dan Cooper's thread "How to set Ember for MovieSet scraping and syncing. How do I ensure that Kodi only interfaces with the corrected EMM database and that EMM will not be triggered to scrape my library again as I don't want to introduce new errors by scraping the usual Kodi databases. 

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this question
And what exactly is the question?
How do I have Kodi on an Android TV box access only the Ember corrected Movie database without scraping information from other sources.

Thanks
I think you are confused as to how this should all work. Scrape your movies using EMM, then import to kodi using "Local information only" for the scraper. That's it. Kodi doesn't interact with EMM at all, EMM interacts with Kodi. Now, if you want to go further you setup the kodi sync options within EMM and any time you update EMM, it will send the info over to Kodi. Effectively, for the best and intended results, do any and all info scraping with EMM. All of the info is stored in your NFO file, so as long as it is correct in EMM, Kodi should take it as is.

*EDIT* If you are trying to mix EMM scraped movies with movies that are scraped by kodi, then you would need to place all EMM movies into it's own directory. Then in Kodi you would add that folder as a video source and make sure to choose "Local information only" for the scraper. I would highly recommend you don't do this. You already have EMM, might as well scrape all of the movies. Do it once and it's done, forever.
Fail$tyle420,

Thanks very much for your detailed answer. That is exactly what I hoped to do. Use only EMM to manage my movie database and have Kodi synced with it.

I now understand better how EMM and Kodi work together

Thanks again for you help.
We're always here to help! Let us know if you got everything sorted or have more problems/questions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Basic Question On Interfacing Kodi With Ember Media Manager0