Help Choosing Player
I am completely new to the world of KODI, heard of it and seen it in action but never used it myself. Been reading the START HERE thread but its an overwhelming amount of info that is going to take me a bit to absorb.

With that said i need some guidance and suggestions as far as the best player just for KODI since i have PS3, ATV, MAC, etc all iOS hardware so i don't need a player that will provide netflix and amazon since i already get those.

I need to research players and how to on said players and read up on information on how to do these things and understand things posted on this forum.
Welcome to the Kodi forums Smile

You might find the following link interesting reading if you need Kodi only...
LibreELEC (or OSMC) Kodi on these devices will play virtually anything you want to throw at them.
Follow the links also in the following post.

Choosing a S905 / S905X / S905D / S905W / S912 box guide

(2017-10-27, 01:39)wrxtasy Wrote: LibreELEC (or OSMC) Kodi on these devices will play virtually anything you want to throw at them.

I would add that if you watch anime, you need to do some extra research on the lower end devices. I often encounter releases that are decoded via CPU/software mode, even on my new Apollo-Lake system with full h265/10bit HW support. As example Fate/Apocrypha [UTW] releases are listed by Kodi as: ff-h264 (SW) + yuv420p10le and are decoded via CPU only. That was the reason i picked a Apollo-Lake J3455 based system, since the 4 core CPU is still capable of decoding 1080p/10bit content via CPU, which works for me since i don't own a 4k TV.
Is There A thread I can read once I get ahold of the device!? Leaning towards the Vero 4K. Like how to install repos and where to get them and such things.
The wiki is a good place to start http://kodi.wiki/view/Main_Page

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Choosing Player0