Testbuild rev #12409 (pass through 3nd)
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles..._id=585323

This build is purely experimental. I used the code from mplayer to create the direct sound primary and secondary buffer. I'm really unsure if this will work or make things more worse.
Please try it out and keep this thread audio related. I'll reverse the changes immediately if it is more worse than 12332 and we have to wait until someone else with more knowledge about directsound can have a look at it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!Big Grin

AC3 encoded files are now playing back with audio over digital for me. Tested MKV's and avi's and DVD's. Only issue I noticed was that trying to play an ISO images of a DVD resulted in the screen being split into 4 parts with weird color issues. A DVD archived in its video_ts directory with the individual vob files played back fine.

Thank you once again!!

Nod
cheers,

crazyivan
thanks, man! passthrough is now working. highly appreciated!
It works for me as well WISo! Your last release also worked on my end so it doesn't look like anything broke with your fix. Great job! Keep up the great work!
You're a genius - AC3 and DTS both working perfectly now.

3rd time lucky.
Great. then I'll commit the changes to svn.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
BTW any reports about two and multi channel analog audio?
WiSo Wrote:BTW any reports about two and multi channel analog audio?
I am connected analog 2 channel. Everything I play works perfectly fine. Mp3 2 channel, ac3 5.1 and 2 channel, and DTS 5.1. Of course all the 5.1 channel mix downs are a bit lower in volume than the real 2 channel tracks. It'd be nice to be able to control the mix levels in order to give the VO track a bit of a boost, as one can do with AC3 filter.
WiSo Wrote:BTW any reports about two and multi channel analog audio?

How can I get analog downmix when I have a 2.0 speaker setup connected to a 5.1 analog soundcard? I don't see an option to force downmixing.
tajson Wrote:How can I get analog downmix when I have a 2.0 speaker setup connected to a 5.1 analog soundcard? I don't see an option to force downmixing.
I think all you have to to is set XBMC settings to analog audio and it does it for you. Look in the audio settings. That's all I have done.
kricker Wrote:I think all you have to to is set XBMC settings to analog audio and it does it for you. Look in the audio settings. That's all I have done.

I have everything set to analog, both in global- and movie specific settings.

Does XBMC sence that I accually have 6 available hardware channels and make the assumption that I also connect and use all of these since I can't find any option to force downmixing?

In Windows the soundcard is set to use stereo as output, not 5.1.
I don't' know. I have a 5.1 on-board audio that I am using. I haven't done any specific settings to the sound card in windows. I have a mini-jack to RCA from the green output jack hooked to my TV. That's it.
kricker Wrote:I don't' know. I have a 5.1 on-board audio that I am using. I haven't done any specific settings to the sound card in windows. I have a mini-jack to RCA from the green output jack hooked to my TV. That's it.

And you are testing with non-stereo sources?

XBMC does the right thing right now, I get front left and right channels where they should be outputed - if you use 5.1 analog output. So there should be a option to force downmixing or that XBMC autosense which settings Windows uses when you only have two speakers connected.

Wiso, can you explain what works and what doesn't right now, and future plans for the analog output?
tajson Wrote:Wiso, can you explain what works and what doesn't right now, and future plans for the analog output?
I would like to do if I would be that deep in Wink
I just changed the output device where it would be already down mixed. The output code just checks for the channel count and passes this to windows.
I read somewhere that we plan to do something to have some proper down mix in place but this is beyond my scope yet.
WiSo Wrote:I would like to do if I would be that deep in Wink
I just changed the output device where it would be already down mixed. The output code just checks for the channel count and passes this to windows.
I read somewhere that we plan to do something to have some proper down mix in place but this is beyond my scope yet.

Ok, thank you for replying. I really appreciate the work you do on the Windows port and the testbuilds you are providing us with, and also Elan's for Mac OS X.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testbuild rev #12409 (pass through 3nd)0