• 21(current)
Beta Night
Unfortunately, I had a lot of other work to do in the last 2 weeks. I still managed to get some skin and python code done but not as much as I hoped for.
Next 2 weeks should be quieter, I know it's been a long time (and a lot of delays) but I think the upcoming technical preview video will (hopefully) show why it took me that long.

To make the waiting time more pleasant, here is a screenshot of the new "scrollring" which will replace the common scrollbar.
(it will adapt based on sort method and other factors, it also has another useful feature which I will show in the upcoming preview video)

Thanks for telling us that you are still working on it!

Many similar projects often fizzle out because there is not enough [financial] incentive to work on it when other projects would bring income. Unfortunately, not enough people contribute to "free" software. 

I hope that you will be able to finish this very ambitious update in the next month. As I mentioned before, but too late now, it may have been easier to make the updates in smaller increments rather than adding a lot of new features all at once.

p.s. I am not sure that I understand the usefulness of the scrollring vs regular scrollbar? Maybe it will become apparent in the video.
(2024-03-18, 00:51)viking2 Wrote: Many similar projects often fizzle out because there is not enough [financial] incentive to work on it when other projects would bring income. Unfortunately, not enough people contribute to "free" software. 
There are a lot of reasons why people abandon their projects, e.g. not enough time, losing interest, life changes, ....
Financial incentive is normally not a common factor because you can't expect to get money for a free/open source project in the first place. If money is your primary concern, you start a commercial project or you look for bigger distribution channels like app stores.

Having said that, I'd love to work more hours on this project but like most people I have to prioritize paid work over my personal projects because we all have to pay our bills.
At least there is always the chance that more people will support the "finished" project if they really like it but as a developer you should never expect that when working on a free / open source project.

Quote:I hope that you will be able to finish this very ambitious update in the next month. As I mentioned before, but too late now, it may have been easier to make the updates in smaller increments rather than adding a lot of new features all at once.
There are several reasons why I did it this way, some are personal and some are professional life oriented.

Quote:p.s. I am not sure that I understand the usefulness of the scrollring vs regular scrollbar? Maybe it will become apparent in the video.
I think it looks better, it's easier on the eyes when scrolling and shows more useful information (page number, sort method) but the upcoming preview video will probably explain it better.

General Update:
I'm currently testing and migrating everything to KODI 21 (Omega) and so far it's easier than expected. I've also finished some additional windows and dialogs, so I'm still on track to release more information and a preview video this month.

Screenshot
(You can now lookup cast, crew and guest stars information while watching a movie/tvshow)
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night6