• 9(current)
Beta Night
(2019-02-12, 20:17)Atreyu Wrote: Really low spec devices suffer even with the low-end setting enabled though, which was to be expected.
Atreyu
What device and where exactly do these devices suffer most? Specific action,scrolling or animation? Maybe there is still room for performance improvements.
The lowest cpu I can test with is a core i3, locked to only 1 core (freq set to 1.6ghz) and it's still working on a reasonable level but if we are talking about raspberry devices then it's getting more complicated Smile

Thanks!
I tested on amlogic devices (s905 chipset).
Didn’t go through all the actions (soooo many Wink) but i am noticing delays in any screen change (reload) and some general sluggishness just going through all the amazing menu’s.

These devices are really weak, though.
Not sure if tuning would make much difference, but always willing to try anyway Smile
(2019-02-12, 20:40)Atreyu Wrote: I tested on amlogic devices (s905 chipset).
Didn’t go through all the actions (soooo many Wink) but i am noticing delays in any screen change (reload) and some general sluggishness just going through all the amazing menu’s.

These devices are really weak, though.
Not sure if tuning would make much difference, but always willing to try anyway Smile
There is something you could test for me, the default addon.xml skin config renders the skin in your native screen resolution. There is a way to force it to render in 720p and let kodi do the upscaling to your actual resolution which might improve your performance :

• Stop KODI and change directory to night skin
  • Copy addon.xml.720 --> addon.xml (overwrite existing addon.xml)

(to revert the changes just copy addon.xml.AUTO --> addon.xml)

Thanks!
Ah, yes.
I will see if i can free some time tomorrow to set it to render in 720 (native=1080).
(2019-02-12, 21:53)Atreyu Wrote: Ah, yes.
I will see if i can free some time tomorrow to set it to render in 720 (native=1080).
Thanks, this might not be a huge difference if your native resolution is 1080p but every little bit helps. Also, set your home/widget/library background to a static image/color and make sure that there are no unnecessary scripts/plugins running in the background. Night doesn't have any addon dependencies, so starting with a completely fresh installation of KODI could also help to improve performance ...
Tried rendering@720, which does not seem to make much difference. Using a clean installation and toning down on extra’s, backgrounds etc.

Left side menu is reasonably snappy, but anytime the homescreen is called (from anywhere) it just takes a second which can feel really slow.

I have been testing different things, like having a channel active while getting back to the homescreen will slow things down more and picture will be stuttering. Changing TV to full screen will temporarily cause a delay in the stream (and then stream ‘catching up’).

It just seems a little bit much for the device.
Dont thin i will be using it on my low-end systems. Happy to test if it helps, though.

Everything is smooth on any Windows setup (nuc) so i will most likely use the Night Skin on these Smile
Thanks for testing! I'm sure that there is still room for improvements on these devices, I just have to reactivate my old tablet for testing Smile

General Update:
I'm currently working on proper fontset/multilang support, so there will be an additional version of the skin which supports the following languages:
Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic and Hindi (Devanagari)
Hello Bkury,

Excellent job so far, I have done some testing, and it works great!

One question do you plan of integrating the Skin shortcuts add-on?
I am currently using PlexKodiConnect on Kodi to display my Plex library, and I would like to get on the Kodi home screen a dedicated menu for each of my various plex library (4K, Anime, etc..), see example attached with the PellucID Skin : ImageImage https://ibb.co/4YDHjPx

That is only element missing for me to switch to Night Skin (which I was using a few years back with my Plex Home Theater), if this is in the pipeline, I would definitely support your work!

Thank you
(2019-02-23, 13:18)SBOG Wrote: I am currently using PlexKodiConnect on Kodi to display my Plex library, and I would like to get on the Kodi home screen a dedicated menu for each of my various plex library (4K, Anime, etc..), see example attached with the PellucID Skin
Support for EMBY, EmbyCON and PlexKodiConnect is already built-in, you can enable it via: Preferences --> General --> Backend support --> PLEX (set to ON). Your plex sections and widgets should now show up on the homescreen, it's also a good idea to enable sections (Preferences --> Home Screen --> Sections) for easier navigation if you have multiple backends / complex home menu.

Quote:One question do you plan of integrating the Skin shortcuts add-on?
Take a look at Preferences --> Custom Home, it's basically a more powerful and (I think) easier replacement for skin shortcuts once you get the hang of it.

General Update:
Translation Link is now available, so if you want to help translate this skin into your language follow the link in the first post ... thanks!
Whao, the integration of Plex database is actually impressive!
I still need to understand how the Custom Home section works, do you have some general info on this part?

Questions :

- I have activated the "hidden" Widget, so the "right" button of the remote triggers the in progress/recently added On Deck menu. However, this seem to work only for "Movies" Library (from my Plex library), nothing is being displayed for the TV Shows. And for Movies, I only see the recently added, the In progress remains empty. (Not sure if this is a skin related issue)

Contribution is done! Thank you for the great work
(2019-02-23, 15:15)SBOG Wrote: I still need to understand how the Custom Home section works, do you have some general info on this part?
When browsing your library/addon every item or path can be added as a skin favorite (Context Menu --> last item: Add to SKIN favorites). These favorite items can then be used to create your own home menu items and widgets. The best way to test this feature is to add a bunch of favorite items and paths, e.g.:

Select a TV show --> Context Menu --> Add to SKIN favorites
Select a Season --> Context Menu --> Add to SKIN favorites

Now go to custom home, select an empty spot and select your TV show favorite you created before. That's all, you should now have your first custom home menu item. Simply repeat this step if you want to add a widget to it.

There is also a template available for youtube (with more to come), so if you want to add support for youtube including widgets:
  • Go to custom home --> Select empty spot --> Dialog --> Select Addons --> Select YouTube
That's it, you should now have a youtube home menu item with "My Subscriptions" and "Most Popular" widgets ...

I hope this helps a little bit, it's not that easy to explain every step Smile

Quote:However, this seem to work only for "Movies" Library (from my Plex library), nothing is being displayed for the TV Shows. And for Movies, I only see the recently added, the In progress remains empty. (Not sure if this is a skin related issue)
Make sure that you have all dependencies installed: plugin.video.plexkodiconnect.movies and plugin.video.plexkodiconnect.tvshows. If that doesn't help I will take a look if there has been some addon changes ...

Quote:Contribution is done! Thank you for the great work
Thank you, I really appreciate your support!
Custom Home Section : crystal clear for the explanation, once you know the trick, this is indeed better than the shortcuts.

I checked for the dependencies of PlexKodiConnect (version 2.7.2)

Here is what I have :
  • PlexKodiConnect Addons : version 1.0.2
  • PlexKodiConnect Helper Movies : version 2.0.9
  • PlexKodiConnect Helper TV Shows : version 2.0.10, I tried to go back to 2.0.9 but no changes.
There was a similar problem with the emby addon which has been fixed recently. Plexkodiconnect is a fork of emby, so it's possible that this issue will disappear with the next merge/release. Anyway, I will take a look to make sure that it's not a skin issue. Thanks!
Not sure if this is relevant to the discussion above , but I had issues with PKC and leia18 recently and was advised to use PKC beta version until problem  were located and fixed , the beta version worked fine for me.
Hello Ontap,

Have you tried PKC with the Night Skin? Does the Deck functionality works for TV Shows (and in Progress of Movies)?
I will try also to install the beta version of PKC to see if it resolves the issue
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night6