Horrible sound on start up 17.4
When I opened Kodi just now, it created the most alarming max volume horrible sound I've ever heard from a machine. Woke up both my kids. Turned off immediately, same thing twice more. Immediately on opening.
Using new 2017 MacBook Pro, kodi-17.4-Krypton-x86_64.dmg for install. 

I've used this install a dozen times before with no problems. Super grateful for Kodi, not trying to complain. Installed kodi-17.5-Krypton-x86_64.dmg, so far no problems.
i would need to have more information about the used audio hardware and if this only happened once or it happens all the time. Also a debug log (wiki) from the startup might be interesting.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-10-29, 12:59)Memphiz Wrote: i would need to have more information about the used audio hardware and if this only happened once or it happens all the time. Also a debug log (wiki) from the startup might be interesting.

Thanks. Continues to happens every 3rd or 4th time I start Kodi. Audio stays full blast even when turned to the second lowest setting; the lowest is off. So its skipping volume control. If I close Kodi and start again immediately it does it again, if I wait a few minutes it does not. It does not suddenly start in the middle of a movie.

Audio is standard on Macbook Pro 2017.
Intel High Def 
Manufacturer: Apple Inc. 
Output Channels: 2 
Current SampleRate: 44100
Yep - still missing a debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Also with Audio Hardware in meant anything beside the MacBook - like a Tv or amp connected via hdmi or so?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horrible sound on start up 17.40