• 4(current)
v17 Broken or bogus Version 2.0.0 of TVDB metadata add-on?
1.8.5 will soon be completely broken!!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Swedie: Can you give an example of a title where it didn't work?  Or preferably a debug log?

I just tested a couple of random titles with Swedish/English set as main/fallback. 
One had no Swedish details on thetvdb and came back fully in English, the other had (some) Swedish details and came back partly in Swedish - the episode titles, and plots of the more recent episodes were in English.
All working as expected.

Turning off the fallback resulted in blank episode titles and plots.

(That show was Blue Bloods, in case anyone wants to check.)
it's working with the new version2.0.2. New shows and new episodes are added but without title and missing data!!!
What's going on?

I am using libre elec on 2 pi and one mac on kodi.

Same issue on everything.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks a lot.
(2017-11-02, 22:33)scudlee Wrote: @Swedie: Can you give an example of a title where it didn't work?  Or preferably a debug log?

I just tested a couple of random titles with Swedish/English set as main/fallback. 
One had no Swedish details on thetvdb and came back fully in English, the other had (some) Swedish details and came back partly in Swedish - the episode titles, and plots of the more recent episodes were in English.
All working as expected.

Turning off the fallback resulted in blank episode titles and plots.

(That show was Blue Bloods, in case anyone wants to check.)

Yeah, I'll give it another go tomorrow and post log if it doesn't work again Smile
(2017-11-02, 22:29)UncleDirtNap Wrote:
(2017-11-02, 08:40)Karellen Wrote: To revert to the old scraper, go to the Scraper add-on in the Add-on menu. Open up the Information page for the add-on. Select Update. A box will pop up and v1.8.5 should be listed along with the other recent versions. Select it to install.

If it is not there, you can download v1.8.5 from here and install via zip... http://mirror.onet.pl/pub/mirrors/kodi/a....tvdb.com/

Rolled back to 1.8.5 and everything is working.  Thank you for the help, greatly appreciated.

It gone from that location now, there is only 2.0 and 2.01 there, any ideas where I can get 1.85? -Thanks
Hello @asfish

You should now be able to update to v2.0.2 which has fixed the issues.

There is now no need to revert back to v1.8.5. It was only offered as a temporary solution while the developer rectified the problem stated in this thread.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Updated to 2.0.2 and it seems to work as it should for me now Smile
(2017-11-03, 11:41)Karellen Wrote: Hello @asfish

You should now be able to update to v2.0.2 which has fixed the issues.

There is now no need to revert back to v1.8.5. It was only offered as a temporary solution while the developer rectified the problem stated in this thread.

Noticed that both my boxes have 2.02 and still no joy with TVDB, do I need to clean or remove the library?
I was testing this on a box by trying to get it to scape S13e04 of Supernatural.

TVDB 2.2 will not see it and if I drill down to the file and try and add it says "no information found"

I then removed the whole Supernatural show from my library, upon rescan it sees the TV show but no episodes

This is how its been behaving for the last 4-5 days

Also, the general library update is very slow, Movies work fine but takes a lot longer on startup
(2017-11-03, 17:22)asfish Wrote: I was testing this on a box by trying to get it to scape S13e04 of Supernatural.

TVDB 2.2 will not see it and if I drill down to the file and try and add it says "no information found"

I then removed the whole Supernatural show from my library, upon rescan it sees the TV show but no episodes

Also, the general library update is very slow, Movies work fine but takes a lot longer on startup
With 2.0.2, its added correctly but no info on title and other stuffs.
Something is not correct.

Ideas?
(2017-11-03, 19:24)Nakash Wrote: With 2.0.2, its added correctly but no info on title and other stuffs.
Something is not correct.

Ideas?

I don't even get what your trying to say your problem is. You got the tiltle and other stuff filled but ther is no info? What is info?
Where is the logfile?
@Nakash Is your default language not English?  If so you will likely need to enable the new "Use a Fallback language" option.  

The v2.0 TVDB API only ever returns details in the language you pick, it doesn't try to fill in the blanks with English details like (I think) it used to.

The new scraper gets around this by letting you specify a fallback.  It doesn't even need to be English if you choose.
(2017-11-03, 17:22)asfish Wrote: I was testing this on a box by trying to get it to scape S13e04 of Supernatural.

Can you please provide a debug log (wiki) which captures a library update. Don't forget to enable debugging and restart Kodi.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi All,
I am seeing this issue too, I am using OpenELEC 8.0.4 on Kypton. I have had the same results on verion 2, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2.
The new ep S11E06 of Big Bang Theory is 'not found'. Even though it is in the cache XML and JSON file that is downloaded to the scrapers/metadata.tvdb directory!?
Kodi Log: https://pastebin.com/2VBUrwyv
Related cache file created by add-on: https://pastebin.com/tE6t8dP6

Any help would be awesome, as i love kodi

CodePix.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Broken or bogus Version 2.0.0 of TVDB metadata add-on?2