Bug Wrong EST flag
The Estonian flag is wrong in subtitle download screen.
Metropolis doesn't hold that flag internally so it must be wrong in the version of the resource you have because it's right in the Git version of resource.images.languageflags.colour.

Either that or Kodi is confusing the Estonia flag for something else.

Basically it's not Metropolis, the line for rendering the flag is pretty simple and without a lot of possibility for error.
"<value>resource://resource.images.languageflags.colour/$INFO[ListItem.AudioLanguage].png</value>"

It could maybe be the media has a too shortened version of the name "estonia" and Kodi is assigning it to Spain "Espainia"  ES versus EST.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Okay, how do I fix it or to whom I report this bug?
Well, to get an idea of where the problem is starting one of two things needs to be done.

1) I could craft a special bit of xml code that you could graft onto an .xml file inside your Kodi install (assuming that you run Kodi from a Windows version or know your way around Linux if that is what you use).
2) You use a media player or media inspector that can give you details about the audio track in the file(s) you are playing that are displaying wrong info.

Either way is a pain for you, and depending on your skill level a pain for me too.

You tell me how far you are willing to go and I'll help you as much as I can.

You should know though that the best you are going to get out of any of it in the end is either "ok, now go tell this Git author of the bug you found" or "the media file you have has been set to a non-standard language abbreviation, and all you can do is ask the author to not do that, or change all your Estonia files with a media editor to fix them yourself."

I supposed that I could make some sort of kludge to display the flag as you like, but it would revert to the bug state following any update. (as in copy the raw contents of the git into the resource folder of the addon and rename the estonia.png flag to espainia.png.)

I help as I can.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
I think your getting it wrong. I'm trying to download subtitle for a movie and its nothing to do with the media files audio track.
I'm talking about this
Got it, unfortunately I think it's the add-on and not Metropolis. You can confirm this by switching to a different skin and checking that it behaves the same there.  
I tried to test it myself for you but I don't have an account with opensubtitles so I can't get past the username and password part.

Here is where their Git is.
https://github.com/opensubtitles/service...nsubtitles
No, it's Metropolis. I tested other skins and wrong flag is on!y in Metropolis.
So, no solution for this?
I looked, but couldn't find where it could be wrong, other than maybe

<texture>resource://resource.images.languageflags.colour/$INFO[ListItem.Thumb].png</texture>

in that it's a pretty simple way to display the flag, but is at the mercy of the site (in this case OpenSubtitles) using the same abbreviated country name as the image resource does. So if the poster of the subtitle uses ET instead of EE for Estonia it will display the wrong flag.

Image et.png
Image ee.png
 https://github.com/im85288/resource.imag.../resources
Okay, but why it's wrong only in Metropolis skin? All other skins that I tried are showing proper EST flag.
I don't have an opensubtitle account, but if you post two screenshots, both of the same media file being searched on opensubtitles, one from Metropolis and one from Estuary, I will try figure out why it's doing that.
Here you go.
https://imgur.com/gallery/zTOdr
Figured it out for you.

Default ET flag in Estuary skin (built-in)

Default ET flag in the external resource that Metropolis uses.

So it boils down to the fact that Metropolis uses an external add-on to display the language flags and that subtitle site uses the abbreviation ET and that some sources say it should be ET some say EE.

It appears that different countries have chosen a different abbreviation for Estonia (as shown here).

So basically depending on who makes the resource and subtitle site, the abbreviation for Estonia will be different and may not match up.

Metropolis doesn't control the add-on or the site, and so we have no real say in what either chose for Estonia, however, as a free citizen not acting as a representative for anything I can do whatever I want so I made you an alternative language flag resource add-on with just the Estonia flag fixed and put it in my Git repository. Happy Holidays.

You will need to download it, change Kodi's settings to allow "unknown sources" for add-ons and then point Kodi to the zip file to install it, then lastly select it as the image resource in Metropolis under skin settings->Image resources.
I installed your addon and selected it in image resources settings, but I still see the wrong flag.
(2018-01-05, 17:09)e6on Wrote: I installed your addon and selected it in image resources settings, but I still see the wrong flag.
I couldn't figure it out at first as that flag is no longer in the resource I made for you at all, but then I realized, even though there is a resource selector, that dialog window has it hard-coded to that one resource.

To make matters worse, it can't be fixed, in that there is a speed impact with allowing "Skin.Settings" inside list containers so Kodi developers have restricted it. This means that because the icons are sitting next to the list items (off to the left) in a list, and there is no way to get a dynamically set value (the language flag image resource set in the skin settings) back into that list, that there is no way to ever choose what image resource you can use in selecting subtitles.

TLDR: There is no way for me to fix it in a way that can let user choose the flag resource used in that dialog box (other than redesigning the subtitle box to not show the icons next to the list items and only display one currently selected item icon in a single location).

You have three options:
The first is to ask the maintainer of Opensubtitles to use EE for Estonia (or the proper name Estonia) instead of ET (thereby not requiring a special image resource).

Second is to ask the maintainer of the image resource to use ET for Estonia and not Ethiopia (which they might not want to do if they don't agree with you that Estonia should be ET).

Or lastly to modify two lines of Metropolis code locally by hand to point to the private resource I made for you earlier (and every time the skin is updated too).

The lines in question are in DialogSubtitles.xml #141 and #214
They need to be changed from

<texture>resource://resource.images.languageflags.colour/$INFO[ListItem.Thumb].png</texture>

to

<texture>resource://resource.images.languageflags.colour-master/$INFO[ListItem.Thumb].png</texture>

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but until the Kodi devs allow a skin setting variable into that dialog there is no easy way to give the user a choice in what icon pack the subtitle add-on uses to display the country (leaving only the skin maintainer to pick which one they want to hardcode).

I have asked for an alternate solution to get around the restriction because this comes up a lot, we'll see how it goes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong EST flag0