Kodi Interface Module?
I just updated from 1.4.7 to 1.4.8 and noticed under settings\modules a “Kodi Interface” ?

Not sure if I noticed this under previous versions but if it was there I never used it. Is there any documentation or guide on how to use this feature? I use Kodi Android (on Nvidia Shield) and will this allow a better sync with Kodi. Currently when updating through Kodi I have to manually refresh titles to remove or update their details\art. So I’m interested in how this works?

Will I need to “share” my Kodi through Shield to use this?

Thanks!
Kodi:
Settings->Services->Control-
1. Allow remote control via http
-Set up how you want.  Defaults for PC are port:8080, username: kodi.  Set a password.
2. Application Control-> Allow remote control from applications on other systems

EMM:
Edit->Settings->Modules->Kodi Interface-
1. Click Add
2. Name: Whatever you want, I chose Kodi
3. Kodi Ip: Self Explanatory.
4. Kodi Port: Self Explanatory, default is 8080 I believe.
5. Username: Self explanatory, default is kodi.  This username needs to be the same username you have setup in Kodi, under Settings->Services->Control.
6. Pass: Self Explanatory, I'm not sure if you can have a blank password or not as I use a password and never tried. This pass needs to be the same pass you have setup in Kodi, under Settings->Services->Control.
7. Real time synch:  When you make an update in ember it will automagically update Kodi's info as long as a connection can be established.  Leave this UNCHECKED for right now.
8. Click Check Connection button.  Make sure it sees and can communicate with kodi.
9. Movie Set info:  Set this to the same path as your moviesets folder.  If you don't use movie sets, then leave blank.
- Go to Settings->Moviesets->Files and sources->Kodi: Enable all the checkmarks that apply to you and set your folder location at the bottom.
10. Click Populate Sources button and wait a few seconds.  
11. Now match up your kodi source folders with the correct ember source folders using the drop down sections under Kodi Source table.
12. Click Ok.

Now, select a movie in ember and change something, like update the ratings/vote count.  Check that movie in Kodi and make sure nothing has changed.  Go back to ember and right click the movie you just updated and choose Kodi Interface->Sync.  Now go back to kodi and check to see if your changes took hold.    Now you can go back to step 7 and enable real time sync.
Fail$tyle420; 

Wow, that's an awesome reply - this should help a lot! 

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions!
Let us know if it worked or not!
Just what I needed as a new user to EMM, thanks to FailStyle420 Smile

Going to be awhile though since scraping all my movies in.
Ha, just replied to your original post. Glad you found this thread, let us know if you have any problems or if everything is all good (Never hurts to hear a success story)!
(2017-11-01, 16:28)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Ha, just replied to your original post.  Glad you found this thread, let us know if you have any problems or if everything is all good (Never hurts to hear a success story)!

I know I found this post from your reply - haha Smile

This app rocks holy crap! and my next task was to try to sync my other Kodi install in the living room - which is solved by this by just adding a second source (At least I think so if I am understanding how it works correctly)

I am evermore impressed that this app mostly picks perfect art to begin with..I don't have to change any..not sure how it does that when other apps don't - but wow.

Will it sync the movieset artwork too? I notice none of the movieset artwork is showing (but it's still downloading everything, maybe it syncs after not sure)
As far as multiple sources I honestly don't know as I only have one device using Kodi. Check step 9, there are 2 places to make sure you have moviesets setup for syncing.
(2017-11-02, 18:11)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: As far as multiple sources I honestly don't know as I only have one device using Kodi.  Check step 9, there are 2 places to make sure you have moviesets setup for syncing.

Guess I will be the guinea pig - I will setup Kodi in the living room in the near future then see if it will sync also.
(2017-11-02, 23:37)NewYears1978 Wrote:
(2017-11-02, 18:11)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: As far as multiple sources I honestly don't know as I only have one device using Kodi.  Check step 9, there are 2 places to make sure you have moviesets setup for syncing.

Guess I will be the guinea pig - I will setup Kodi in the living room in the near future then see if it will sync also.

If you use more than one client you should use MySQL in Kodi to work with one database only. In this case you still have to sync Ember only with one of the clients.
(2017-11-03, 01:28)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-11-02, 23:37)NewYears1978 Wrote:

If you use more than one client you should use MySQL in Kodi to work with one database only. In this case you still have to sync Ember only with one of the clients.

Well crap, just another thing I don't know how to use and will have to figure out Smile
As the OP wanted to let anyone who reads this in the future that "Fail$tyle420" instructions worked perfectly for me, many thanks!!
Awesome! Glad you got it sorted out!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Interface Module?0