v17 Kodi 17.1 on a MINIX U9-H has Sound hiccups
(2017-11-29, 20:53)Jokerchyld Wrote:
(2017-11-05, 17:47)PogoT Wrote: Ok I Finally could install the "Shitty Build" and it seems that this fixes the Sound Hiccup Problem

The really interesting question now would be "What is the Difference between the shitty build and the Regular build"
 The shitty build has a 1-2 line difference (in terms of code) from the regular build.  The shitty build uses the old unsupported passthrough allowing the reciever to detect the signal and process. The problem is if the signal is not processed it could emit a sound harmful to a human's ears.  If you need to use the shitty build to get your audio to work more than likely your box doesn't have the official Android firmware (but probably a modified tablet version).

I know because I've been using Fritsch's Shitty build since 17.0 Beta 3 to get DTS 5.1 to work on my X96 custom android box.  It has been performing in a stable fashion since then. 
 As of now neither the Orgiginal Version nor the Shitty Build works for me

Im owning a MINIX NEO U9-H, so when using the Shitty Build the DTS is OK, but TrueHD and some other Formats are Crashing the System. Using the Original Kodi Release 17.6 TrueHD and 4k running good but still getting those Sound hiccups.

Its so sad....
Yeah - it's really sad that in 2k17 (nearly 2k18). Vendors are not able to just implement available Android Standards ... and the most funny thing: user that bought those boxes expect that software by volunteers worksaround these broken implementations rather than throwing those "shitty" boxes back to vendor.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-12-14, 18:09)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - it's really sad that in 2k17 (nearly 2k18). Vendors are not able to just implement available Android Standards ... and the most funny thing: user that bought those boxes expect that software by volunteers worksaround these broken implementations rather than throwing those "shitty" boxes back to vendor.
 Any technical Advice i could forward to the MINIX Dev Team ?
@fritsch 

Can you give me an advise  whom to contact in terms of fixing this "DTS Cuts" Issue ? Im far away of beeing the only one having this DTS-Hiccup Problem 

(see MINIX Forum e.g.)
http://www.minixforum.com/threads/common...ost-147958

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.1 on a MINIX U9-H has Sound hiccups0