Special episodes not showing in season folders
I tested as well. You are correct. It does not work with v2.0.1

I reverted back to the scraper v1.8.5 and it works as it should.

I have reported the issue to the scraper add-on developer and now just waiting for the feedback.

Yes, I tested with Battlestar Galactica as well.

If you use Separate Files, then it creates nfo files next to the movie file. If you use Single File, then you tell Kodi where to save the file.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-11-01, 10:31)Adriano de Brito Wrote:
(2017-11-01, 08:06)Karellen Wrote:
(2017-11-01, 07:53)Adriano de Brito Wrote: As a side solution. Would exporting the library create .nfo files that i can edit?

Yes. In my signature are two links... Import Export Library will instruct you how  export the library and NFO Files will tell you which XML tags to change for correct sorting.

I'm trying to export my library using only Battlestar Galactica for the tests to see what's in the .nfo file.
Ok, i found them.
From the .nfo files, i don't see anything wrong. Then again, i don't have the .nfo files from before this issue appeared to compare. Here's the info that seemed relevant comparing episode S00E01 with S01E01:

- "Battlestar Galactica: The Miniseries (1)" - labelled episode S00E01 or 0x01

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<episodedetails>
    <title>Battlestar Galactica: The Miniseries (1)</title>
    <showtitle>Battlestar Galactica (2003)</showtitle>
    <ratings>
        <rating name="default" max="10" default="true">
            <value>8.300000</value>
            <votes>119</votes>
        </rating>
    </ratings>
    <userrating>0</userrating>
    <top250>0</top250>
    <season>0</season>
    <episode>1</episode>
    <displayseason>-1</displayseason>
    <displayepisode>-1</displayepisode>
    <outline></outline>

(...)
    <aired>2003-12-08</aired>

- "33" - labelled episode S01E01 or 1x01

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<episodedetails>
    <title>33</title>
    <showtitle>Battlestar Galactica (2003)</showtitle>
    <ratings>
        <rating name="default" max="10" default="true">
            <value>7.900000</value>
            <votes>122</votes>
        </rating>
    </ratings>
    <userrating>0</userrating>
    <top250>0</top250>
    <season>1</season>
    <episode>1</episode>
    <displayseason>-1</displayseason>
    <displayepisode>-1</displayepisode>
    <outline></outline>

(...)
    <aired>2005-01-14</aired>
(2017-11-01, 10:51)Karellen Wrote: I tested as well. You are correct. It does not work with v2.0.1

I have reported the issue to the scraper add-on developer and now just waiting for the feedback.

If you use Separate Files, then it creates nfo files next to the movie file. If you use Single File, then you tell Kodi where to save the file.

Excellent! Thank you! I'm not going nuts or feeling alone in this ;-)

How do i revert to an older scraper? Or delete and install v1.8.5 as you mentioned?

Thanks so much for this!
No problems. Smile

To revert to the old scraper, go to the Scraper add-on in the Add-on menu. Open up the Information page for the add-on. Select Update. A box will pop up and v1.8.5 should be listed along with the other recent versions (unless this is a first install). Select it to install.

It will try to update to v2.0.1 again, so keep an eye on it and revert back if you need to, or Disable the auto-update until you have finished all your scraping.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-11-01, 11:20)Karellen Wrote: No problems. Smile

To revert to the old scraper, go to the Scraper add-on in the Add-on menu. Open up the Information page for the add-on. Select Update. A box will pop up and v1.8.5 should be listed along with the other recent versions (unless this is a first install). Select it to install.

It will try to update to v2.0.1 again, so keep an eye on it and revert back if you need to, or Disable the auto-update until you have finished all your scraping.

Damn, i only see v2.0.1 there. I reset the Minix box and re-installed Kodi, maybe it cleaned out older scraper versions.
(2017-11-01, 11:31)Adriano de Brito Wrote:

Damn, i only see v2.0.1 there. I reset the Minix box and re-installed Kodi, maybe it cleaned out older scraper versions. Or maybe it's because this last time i only installed version Kodi v17.5. Does the scraper come with a version of Kodi?
(2017-11-01, 11:57)Adriano de Brito Wrote:
(2017-11-01, 11:31)Adriano de Brito Wrote:

Damn, i only see v2.0.1 there. I reset the Minix box and re-installed Kodi, maybe it cleaned out older scraper versions. Or maybe it's because this last time i only installed Kodi v17.5. Does the scraper come with a version of Kodi?
Sorry about the re-posts... noticed i'm clicking on "reply" rather "edit".
You can download v1.8.5 from here and install via zip... http://mirror.onet.pl/pub/mirrors/kodi/a....tvdb.com/
My Signature
The old version will soon be completely broken so it's kind of pointless
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-11-01, 12:02)Karellen Wrote: You can download v1.8.5 from here and install via zip... http://mirror.onet.pl/pub/mirrors/kodi/a....tvdb.com/

Thanks so much. It totally worked ;-)

Things are back to normal. In how long do you think the scraper will get updated?

What do you reckon would be the result of this:
- Update library contents with TheTVDB scraper v1.8.5;
- Export library in a single file;
- Clear library;
- Update TheTVDB scraper to v2.0.1;
- Then, update library from exported file;

Or, the same thing without clearing the library - but maybe that brings me back to square one.

Does updating a scraper erase all fanart previously selected for your TV Shows along with new episode sorting rules? Because then, i don't understand the point in exporting a library? I assume the gain would be to create my library without having to connect to the NAS.

How does one person go about keeping their library intact in terms of entries and fanart selected along with the updates?

Thanks again for helping me understand this with trials and errors.
(2017-11-01, 12:21)Martijn Wrote: The old version will soon be completely broken so it's kind of pointless

By broken, do you mean that the links to refreshing old data or retrieve new data would be dead?

How do people that do not update Kodi or scrapers get by?
(2017-11-01, 10:51)Karellen Wrote: I tested as well. You are correct. It does not work with v2.0.1

As further feedback from the differences i've noticed between v1.85 and v2.0.1:

- On some TV Shows, the artwork is "missing" between versions.
i.e 1: Stargate SG-1 "Special folder" has more than 12 pictures for the folder under v1.8.5, and only 4 (crap ones) under version v2.0.1
i.e 2: Taken (2002) has about 3 pictures under under v1.8.5, and only 1 under version v2.0.1
- Also, the update of the library goes considerably faster with v1.8.5. I would assume refreshing it is also faster.

I don't know how this affects scrapers but i did notice those were different after attempting to create my library properly 10 times over the last few days ;-)

I don't know your relation to Kodi or scraper people, but if you could pass it along it would be very cool.

Thanks again for everything. Looking forwards to more issues ;-P
Just to let everyone know, I've spotted the issue with the special episode placements.  Another embarrassing goof on my part.  Expect an update soon (once I've thoroughly tested it).

With regard to the artwork, this might be an issue with the way the v2.0 API works.  Only the artwork with the specified language is ever retrieved, rather than all of it.
In fact, the scraper deliberately fetches artwork in your default language and in English to try and combat this a little.  (I should probably add the new Fallback Language option into that mix as well...)

Speed is also a v2.0 API issue - rather than request a single zip file with everything in it in one go, the scraper now has to request page after page after page after page...  Slows everything down.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Special episodes not showing in season folders0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.