Tvheadend-Server with VDR-Client?
Hello, ca i use the Tvheadend-Server (backend) with the VDR-Client (frontend)?

Greetz

mcerem
Why?
Does VDR-client support HTSP? If so, then yes you can. If not, then no you can't.
Hello, i will use the VDR Backend, because i can search channel direct with Kodi 17.5 app, without a Browser.

https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/wiki/Htsp

Quote:Home Tv Streaming Protocol (HTSP) - Version 23
General
HTSP is a TCP based protocol primarily intended for streaming of live TV and related meta data such as channels, group of channels (called tags in HTSP) and electronic program guide (EPG) information.
The transmission and reception of a channel over HTSP is referred to as a subscription. A single HTSP session can handle as many concurrent subscriptions as the bandwidth and CPU permits.
The HTSP server in tvheadend has a payload-aware scheduler for prioritizing more important packets (such as I-frames) before less important ones (such as B-frames). This makes HTSP suitable for long-distance transmissions and/or paths with non-perfect delivery.
(It has been tested with a server in Stockholm and the client in Berlin).

What should I prefer HTSP?
(2017-11-01, 09:45)mcerem Wrote: Hello, i will use the VDR Backend, because i can search channel direct with Kodi 17.5 app, without a Browser.

https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/wiki/Htsp

Quote:Home Tv Streaming Protocol (HTSP) - Version 23
General
HTSP is a TCP based protocol primarily intended for streaming of live TV and related meta data such as channels, group of channels (called tags in HTSP) and electronic program guide (EPG) information.
The transmission and reception of a channel over HTSP is referred to as a subscription. A single HTSP session can handle as many concurrent subscriptions as the bandwidth and CPU permits.
The HTSP server in tvheadend has a payload-aware scheduler for prioritizing more important packets (such as I-frames) before less important ones (such as B-frames). This makes HTSP suitable for long-distance transmissions and/or paths with non-perfect delivery.
(It has been tested with a server in Stockholm and the client in Berlin).

What should I prefer HTSP?
Not that you should "prefer" if, but rather that is the protocol that Tvheadend uses. If your client can use HTSP, then it can use a Tvheadend backend server. Since Kodi has its own HTSP/Tvheadend client, I'm still confused what the point of this thread is though ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend-Server with VDR-Client?0