Filepaths
I have a problem that doesn't make much sense. A few days ago I did a fresh install of Windows (10) - over time (couple of years), Windows accumulates quite a bit of junk and my computer came with Win 8.1 and I took the free upgrade to V10. The fresh install also allows upgrade of programs like Ember. I downloaded it and installed it. All my media files are on folders on my NAS, mapped as drive Z: on my computer. I enter the path of my movies folder (Z:\Movies) and Ember faultlessly scrapes it. Since my TV Shows folder is quite large and would take rather long to scrape, I move all the files to a temporary folder and leave 5 folders to test everything.

I launch the scraper and it finds.....nothing! After checking everything, I make a temporary folder on my C: drive, put half a dozen shows and scrape it. Lo and behold, it finds everything. I try again NAS but nothing. Next I try using the network path (\\DISKSTATION\public\TV Shows) and scrape it...it finds the shows but omits a few seasons - for example there are 5 seasons of "CAR S.O.S" but it only finds Season 2. I go back to the dos path and this time it finds the shows but (like before) it omits many seasons. It would seem it has problems reading  from the network, yet it has no problem reading the movies folder and I can read and write to it from Explorer.

Any idea what is happening or any possible solution ? Any help is much appreciated.
The current TVDB scraper 2.0.1 is not without issues. If you can downgrade to 1.8.5 then things should still work.

FYI, scraping videos goes a lot faster when previously a Video Library Export (with separate files) has been done.
With all the nfo files things go much quicker and you get to keep your watched statuses and resume points.
(2017-11-01, 20:49)oggie62 Wrote: I have a problem that doesn't make much sense. A few days ago I did a fresh install of Windows (10) - over time (couple of years), Windows accumulates quite a bit of junk and my computer came with Win 8.1 and I took the free upgrade to V10. The fresh install also allows upgrade of programs like Ember. I downloaded it and installed it. All my media files are on folders on my NAS, mapped as drive Z: on my computer. I enter the path of my movies folder (Z:\Movies) and Ember faultlessly scrapes it. Since my TV Shows folder is quite large and would take rather long to scrape, I move all the files to a temporary folder and leave 5 folders to test everything.

I launch the scraper and it finds.....nothing! After checking everything, I make a temporary folder on my C: drive, put half a dozen shows and scrape it. Lo and behold, it finds everything. I try again NAS but nothing. Next I try using the network path (\\DISKSTATION\public\TV Shows) and scrape it...it finds the shows but omits a few seasons - for example there are 5 seasons of "CAR S.O.S" but it only finds Season 2. I go back to the dos path and this time it finds the shows but (like before) it omits many seasons. It would seem it has problems reading  from the network, yet it has no problem reading the movies folder and I can read and write to it from Explorer.

Any idea what is happening or any possible solution ? Any help is much appreciated.

It works with mounted network drives and also with UNC paths. Please check the log in .\Ember Media Manager\Logs\*.csv to find a hint why it can been added.
It's also possible that the database has some orphaned paths. You can try to clean it with Tools => Clean Database.

(2017-11-01, 21:35)Klojum Wrote: The current TVDB scraper 2.0.1 is not without issues. If you can downgrade to 1.8.5 then things should still work.

That has nothing to do with Ember.
Thank you for the suggestions but unfortunately none of them worked. This convinced me that it must be one of the settings - especially as the movie scraper was working fine. I had a very careful look at the settings for the TV Shows. In the page called "TV Shows - Files and Sources" there is a checkbox labelled  "Ignore last scan time when updating library". I don't know exactly what this does but I checked the box and tried it. To my surprise, it found every folder and file and Ember is working perfectly. Now the question is exactly what does this do and should this be on by default ? Below is a screenshot of the page :

(2017-11-02, 21:12)oggie62 Wrote: Thank you for the suggestions but unfortunately none of them worked. This convinced me that it must be one of the settings - especially as the movie scraper was working fine. I had a very careful look at the settings for the TV Shows. In the page called "TV Shows - Files and Sources" there is a checkbox labelled  "Ignore last scan time when updating library". I don't know exactly what this does but I checked the box and tried it. To my surprise, it found every folder and file and Ember is working perfectly. Now the question is exactly what does this do and should this be on by default ? Below is a screenshot of the page :

I completely forgot that setting...
Each time you scan a source Ember saves the time and date in the database. If this setting is disabled, all folders with an older "modified date" will be ignored. This is only usefull for sources with setting "no recursive search"... and that is a movie source only setting. IAtm I've no idea if this setting make any sense for tv show sources. I mean most of all users use season folders and the tv show folder modified date will not be changed if you copy a new episode directly into the season folder. I will check that and it's very likely that this setting will be removed in next release.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Filepaths0