Integrated Apple TV remote on Apple Watch does not work with KODI
Hi all Smile

The Apple Watch has an integrated remote for Apple TV, which is pretty nice.
Unfortunately it doesn't completely work with kodi. Everything works except for the normal "tap". Swiping, the Play button and the Menu button work flawlessly. 
The "tap" works anywhere outside of kodi. 
Controlling kodi via the ATV remote on my iPhone works, but I noticed one thing, which could be important. On the iPhone remote I have to press the screen for like 1 second to be recognised by kodi. A normal tap doesn't work. Normal taps do work outside of kodi, though. Any idea why? 
I read, that I can find the button ID's in the kodi log file, when debugging is enabled. I thought maybe the watch remote tap counts as a different button and I could assign it inside the customcontroller.SiriRemote.xml, but I couldn't find anything inside the logs.

I hope someone can help. Would be really cool to get this working Big Grin

Apple Watch Series 3 / watchOS 4.0.1
Apple TV 4K / tvOS 11.1

Thanks in advance!

4symm3trica1

I just played a little with the customcontroller.SiriRemote.xml. It seems like kodi completely ignores this file Sad
Under global I mapped the "play/pause" button to "Select". I could live with that. But kodi completely ignores it...

Ok never mind. The changes work for the physical remote. The app buttons are actually completely independent from the physical remote buttons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Integrated Apple TV remote on Apple Watch does not work with KODI0