Kodi reboots at startup
LibreElec 8.2.1 Raspberry pi 3

I think the problem is an addon. It began when I installed the emby for kodi addon from emby repo.
Now it is in a constant loop and does not stop. Absolutely no banned addons here.

I tried pulling the card to see if I could manually remove the addon but I cannot alter the files from ubuntu.

i tried to get a log but can not get in, system restarts

Any ideas thanks
Try another power supply?
(2017-11-03, 17:41)mxlance Wrote: I tried pulling the card to see if I could manually remove the addon but I cannot alter the files from ubuntu.

Why not?

(2017-11-03, 17:41)mxlance Wrote: i tried to get a log but can not get in, system restarts

Are you sure the system is restarting? It's most probably just Kodi crashing due to the addon you installed.

If you haven't already enabled ssh, then add "ssh" (without the quotes) to the end of the line in cmdline.txt (if you mount the SD card in Ubuntu this file will be in the System partition)

Alternatively, you can access your logs via the Samba "Logfiles" share (assuming you didn't disable Samba, and you know the IP address of your RPi3). Inside the most recent zip file will be all the information you need to see why Kodi is crashing.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you for the replies and ideas.
@millhouse – you are correct it was not the system rebooting rather kodi restarting.
However still could not connect via samba, I did not try ssh.

I just decided to do a clean install and all is well again. Not sure why an upgrade and install of emby would cause such craziness but that is computer life some times.

Thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi reboots at startup0