Where to find zip file to install addon?
Hello guys,
For some reason, my PC does not show more than two PVR addons in the All repositories > PVR section, but on my phone I do see the VU+ addon (which has RUN greyed out for some reason)

I went to this https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vuplus Github site and downloaded a zip file but it would not install... (pvr.vuplus-master.zip)

Is there a zip available to install the addon? I cannot find it here (a sticky would be good!)

EDIT
I have not sorted this out, but found that if I look in Kodi Add On repository, there is NO PVR listed... though in settings PVR is there. I usually opt to NOT have pvr when I install Kodi, but don't see a way to opt in at this stage. Anyone?

Thanks,
Mark.
Which OS do you use on your PC?

You can't install the downloaded zip, because it only contains the source code of the PVR client. You have to compile the source code (instructions on the bottom of your link) or install a pre compiled package. PVR clients are developped in C++, not in python like regular addons, so this extra step is necessary.

On Windows you can select a pre compiled PVR client during update/installation, on Android and LibreElec you can install pre compiled packages with the KODI addon manager and on Linux you have to install an additional package (mostly with kodi-pvr-vuplus in its name) from your distributor

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where to find zip file to install addon?0