OS X Does Dolby Truehd or Dolby DTS HD MA work on Mac? Mine doesn't
Okey, is there somewhere in Kodi i can see bitrate, channels and so on when I watch a movie? Should i enable passthrough? And thank you so much for your help memphiz!
You shouldn't enable pass through - kodi can do a better job in syncing audio and video if it decodes the audio it self . The processvideoplayer window has some more Infos about the decoded Audio - you should be able to access it by o or cmd + o or ctrl + o or something
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Great, thank you Memphiz!
I new question has emerge. When i pressed the o during playback in Kodi V17.5 is says, "audio stream: dca". Isn't that just DTS and not DTS HD MA?

EDIT: When I use the same file in Kodi V16 it sats DTS-HD MA. Very strange...
Perfectly fine! For more information visit your Debug Log.

Btw. with the all the "it reads this but not that" - what do you ears say? We talk about audio, right? Does something sound "odd"?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Alright!

I think it’s hard to hear the difference, but when you got a pretty expensive system you want the best preferences. Like you dont want to drive a Ferrari with bicycle-tires. Im sure you understand. And thank you for a great product, Kodi is awsome!
Yes. I understand. If you want I can triple check in the logfile.

On another note (without harm intended): When I bought my hifi system (B&W speakers with Marantz stereo Amp) I went to a high quality shop and brought my high quality music. I bought exactly those speakers / amp where I - personally - could not hear the difference anymore. Therefore I ended with two speakers 600 euros each.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
So very kind of you! This is debug log from V16 and V17. For the record: i can't hear any difference between them. It's a sample från Dolby, DTS-HD MA.

V16: https://paste.ubuntu.com/25992469/

V17: https://paste.ubuntu.com/25992483/

I think that sounds very wise. Audio can be so complicated but in the end it's all about how you perceive it. I'm not a pro in any way but i really appreciate Kodi were I can understand most of it. Both the video and the audio. Again, a really great product that you should be very proud of. Me and many friends of mine appreciate your work big time!
Yes - all find in the logs. You can see that the 8 channel variant is decoded, which is the HD track. So nothing to worry.

Edit: And perhaps, what might be the confusion here. With v16 we had an external dts-hd decoder. Now with v17 and later this DCA decoder was merged into ffmpeg itself and we can use that one directly. So what you see in the OSD is the decoder in use. DCA -> all fine.
Thank you for your help fritsch! Have a nice weekend!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does Dolby Truehd or Dolby DTS HD MA work on Mac? Mine doesn't0