TV Shows show up in Files but not in TV Shows
My setup: Synology DS414 running sickrage (tv shows) and couchpotato (movies) to keep my library up-to-date.
A rasberry pi 3 with Openelec installed, attached on my network and hooked on my samsung tv on hdmi 2

Since last week i've noticed that my TV Shows (recently added) wasn't updating, but on my NAS I saw that a couple of new tv show episodes were downloaded and post processed to the respective folder.

On my nas I keep my movies and tv shows (series) seperate on 2 different shared folders
"\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\movies" and "\\[b]xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\series[/b]"

Until last week everything was working fine. I used a nfs connection from kodi to my synology for both shared folders.
I installed the auto update library addon and every few days I saw that new shows and movies were added to the libraries.

Today I thought I would reintall kodi on my rasberry pi and do the same stuff I did a couple of months ago.
When I add the movies, he finds them and adds them to the movie menu (main screen)
however, when I try this with the tv shows it doesn't do anything and in the kodi event viewer i see this "failed to scan tv show"

Here is my tv show naming convention:
SERIES
     - Arrow
        - Season 1
        - Season 2
     - Big Bang Theory
        - Season 1
        - Season 2
etc..

I'm really confused at this point because until 2 weeks ago this was working fine and all of a sudden it stopped working.
The only thing that I didn't try at the moment is renaming my shared folder to TV SHOWS but I don't see why I should do this since you have to select the what the folder contains in Kodi and mine is set to "TV Shows" (and the default TvDB scrapper)

Anyone with some ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks
Kevin
You showed your folder names, how about the full filenames?

Please note that the current TVDB 2.x versions are not functioning 100%. The scraping part should work, but not all info fields are being processed. If you can downgrade to v.1.8.5, that one still works (for now).
That really depends from show to show.
Since I started downloading before I had a NAS or any type of Media Player, I didn't really care about the naming conventions.

Here are some examples of show epi names
Show Name - 1x01 - Episode Name.ext
Show Name.S01E01.Episode.Name.ext

For 1 show I even changed the files name to:
S01E01.Episode.Name.ext

I know I should unify the naming conventions of my files and I think this time I really should start with this and alter my post processing of sickrage.
And did you downgrade the scraper as asked?
Well instead of using TheTVDB I changed it to "The Movie Database" and oddly now my tv shows are being scanned and added on the TV Show tab (on the mainscreen)
Thanks for your suggestion.
Hi
I'm having same problem with my Kodi and TV Show White Collar
Here is the link to log:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/26301842/
Your naming I think is wrong because it is searching for 'white collar s01' not 'white collar'.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-01-01, 23:26)nickr Wrote: Your naming I think is wrong because it is searching for 'white collar s01' not 'white collar'.

In another folder I have Rules.of.Engagement.S01.720p.WEB and that one works normaly.
Where are your episode numbers?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-01, 23:57)Karellen Wrote: Where are your episode numbers?

Inside the filename. Those are folder names.
Full path is
White Collar\White.Collar.S01.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS\White.Collar.S01E01.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS.mkv

Same naming convention is used for all tv shows and this one got stuck.
I think that you can see all that in log linked above...
(2018-01-02, 00:02)kzendra Wrote: White Collar\White.Collar.S01.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS\White.Collar.S01E01.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS.mkv
As nickr already pointed out, you should change your file names to the following:

White Collar\White Collar S01E01.mkv
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Or at least remove the first S01 (the one directly after white collar) as it's confusing the scraper.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-11-04, 18:36)kparijs Wrote: I know I should unify the naming conventions of my files and I think this time I really should start with this and alter my post processing of sickrage.
You likely already know this, but sickrage can automatically rename everything in your library to a particular naming convention. Start the process and go for a coffee. It may make your setup easier a little easier to use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows show up in Files but not in TV Shows0