Launch RetroPie from within KODI
In the past I have been installing emulators manually on the OS and used ROM Collection Browser in KODI to launch the games. While Rom Collection Browser is a decent tool for scraping covers and launching the games, some of the emulators have been a real pain (I am on Ubuntu running on a Intel NUC btw).
I therefor want to switch to RetroPie, as this is seems to be a more polished solution for emulators.

Now, I have looked into actually running OSMC from a Raspberry Pie 3 and using the "Retrosmc" script for installation of RetroPie and integrating a quick launch to RetroPie from OSMC. This seems to be a quick and easy solution to the problem,and is well documented online, but I cannot use this solution as my NAS (which holds all my media content) is behind a 5Ghz router (I need to use 5Ghz), and the onboard WiFi card on the Raspberry only supports 2.4 Ghz. So there goes that solution..

So, that leaves me to make this work on the NUC from KODI, but I have googled all day without finding a single satisfying solution to this problem, namely launching RetroPie from within KODI. Has anyone been dealing with the same problem, or know of a good solution to this problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launch RetroPie from within KODI0