Solved TMDB Add-on, where to insert API Key
Hi everybody, I have the TMDB add-on API KEY released by themoviedb but I can't find the way to insert this key in the Add-on.

I tried looking on the web and also inside the configuration page of the add-on but I didn't find anything. The only instructions I've found in order to use this key is using the Elysium Add-on, which I don't have and I don't need.

Is there a way to do what I want with standard koi installation and standard add-on?
And you don't want, add it's a banned addon (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-11-05, 13:41)DarrenHill Wrote: And you don't want, add it's a banned addon (wiki).

Ok, now that I learned that is also a banned add-on, any suggestion on how to add on the stock kodi installation and default add-on TMDB?
(2017-11-05, 13:41)DarrenHill Wrote: And you don't want, add it's a banned addon (wiki).
 I've just installed the latest version of LibreElec, which includes Kodi. It also seems to include the TMDB addon. The API key which is used (6889f6089877fd092454d00edb44a84d) has been suspended by TMDB.

Can you help me understand why this addon is banned, and why the addon is still included in Kodi?
(2017-12-30, 23:39)mabnz Wrote: Can you help me understand why this addon is banned, and why the addon is still included in Kodi?
The TMDB add-on is not banned. The API key has been revoked by TMDB due to misuse by pirating sites. A new key for Kodi was immediately issued as a replacement. Keys are built into the scrapers. As long as you are using the latest scrapers, it should work.

This is a list of the current scrapers...
cpp:
Universal Movie Scraper 4.0.1

TMDB 5.0.3
TMDB tvshows 2.0.1 (if you use TMDB for TV Shows)
TMDB Scraper library 2.17.6 (found in settings>system settings>add-ons>dependencies)

TVDB 3.0.1

fanart.tv scraper library 3.1.5
@Benna
This applies to you also. If you update to the latest scrapers, you do not need your TMDB API key.

---Edit---
Just saw the date of your post Benna, so ignore. I imagine you have solved it by now.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-31, 00:01)Karellen Wrote:
(2017-12-30, 23:39)mabnz Wrote: Can you help me understand why this addon is banned, and why the addon is still included in Kodi?
The TMDB add-on is not banned. The API key has been revoked by TMDB due to misuse by pirating sites. A new key for Kodi was immediately issued as a replacement. Keys are built into the scrapers. As long as you are using the latest scrapers, it should work.

This is a list of the current scrapers...
cpp:
Universal Movie Scraper 4.0.1

TMDB 5.0.3
TMDB tvshows 2.0.1 (if you use TMDB for TV Shows)
TMDB Scraper library 2.17.6 (found in settings>system settings>add-ons>dependencies)

TVDB 3.0.1

fanart.tv scraper library 3.1.5
@Benna
This applies to you also. If you update to the latest scrapers, you do not need your TMDB API key.

---Edit---
Just saw the date of your post Benna, so ignore. I imagine you have solved it by now. 
 Awesome, thanks, that's very helpful. When I go to update the addon it says I'm on the latest version (which for me is 2.17.3). How can I install the latest version manually?
(2017-12-31, 00:09)mabnz Wrote: I'm on the latest version (which for me is 2.17.3).
Sounds like you have checked this one... TMDB Scraper library 2.17.6 (found in settings>system settings>add-ons>dependencies)
You also need to check this one... TMDB 5.0.3 which is found in Add-ons>My Add-ons>Information Providers>Movies

You will need to update your repository. When you are in Add-ons>My Add-ons, pull out the left sideblade menu and select Check for Updates... http://kodi.wiki/view/Home_screen_and_ba...blade_Menu
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-31, 00:14)Karellen Wrote:
(2017-12-31, 00:09)mabnz Wrote: I'm on the latest version (which for me is 2.17.3).
Sounds like you have checked this one... TMDB Scraper library 2.17.6 (found in settings>system settings>add-ons>dependencies)
You also need to check this one... TMDB 5.0.3 which is found in Add-ons>My Add-ons>Information Providers>Movies

You will need to update your repository. When you are in Add-ons>My Add-ons, pull out the left sideblade menu and select Check for Updates... http://kodi.wiki/view/Home_screen_and_ba...blade_Menu 

Thanks, for some reason it only worked when I selected it from the sideblade and not from the addon itself. Cheers, working now.
Yes, that is normal. The repository is what holds all the version information for all the add-ons. It is only when you update the repository that the new version information becomes available for the add-ons. This should happen automatically on a daily basis, unless you either have disabled auto updates or you are not always connected to the internet.
My Signature
Thanks for the detailed information, i didn't found any way to enter the API key i got from TMDB so i basically..... gave up Smile

Following your detailed steps i verified i'm up to date with every add-on i need, thanks!!!
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB Add-on, where to insert API Key0