<cleanonupdate> not working
Running Kodi 17, on advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
    <advancedsettings>
        <videolibrary>
            <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
        </videolibrary>
    </advancedsettings>

does nothing, ie. I move a movie out of source folder and it it's still listed.

I found this post claiming that some steps need to be taken after the setting above. Is this true? In any case, I did try them (minus the third one as I couldn't find any option called that), and still nothing.

Does this option work for anybody?
@firewater

The third option that you could not find is located here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Home_screen_and_ba...debar_menu
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks, but that does nothing on my end. I can see it flash "Scanning..." for half a second and then it's back to "Update Library". I made sure to readd the path and make it not be excluded from updates, but no luck. Interestingly so, looking at the log, the movie I move in and out to test the updates is called 'A Torin Lo', and is correctly reported as missing, but not removed. It even does this without me having to do "Update Library", meaning <cleanonupdate> is probably working correctly.

log removed and posted to pastebin site - link in the post below
Log moved to paste.ubuntu.com . Please use this or a similar pastebin site, and do not post logs directly to the forum (even in code tags).

https://paste.ubuntu.com/25916106/
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Anyone? I tried again with clean settings on a beta of Kodi 18. Same result.
I have no issues with this in my advancedsettings.xml.  Works every time for me.  I see it cleaning the library on every start after the update and never have any stragglers

Also, the log posted isnt a debug log, so cant see what its doing.  You should enable debug and post a clean log.  

Cheers!
I enabled debug log: https://pastebin.com/LiLbXJqL

However I don't think it's any more telling. The movie I moved out of the source folder in this case is "Accattone" (don't mind all the dozens of other ones without .nfo files, I just have a couple set up to be found with Kodi).

But at at least it's good to know the function works for others, thanks for that. I might try yet another clean install tomorrow.
Ok so this really really really doesn't work for me for whatever reason. I tried uninstalling my previous install, running a new one totally clean, latest stable version, absolutely the same thing happens. Could it be a bug because I only use .nfo files or something? I seriously can't explain it... but at least it cleans the library if I manually clean it. So if there's a way to run the clean up command on startup via some script, please tell me about it.
I fixed your other mistaken post.

Can you list a couple of movies that you are trying to Clean out of the library. I can see some processes, but just want to confirm I am looking at the right movies.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks.

So this would be the cleanest .log I could get. My source folder only has 3 movies added with .nfo files. I then took out the folders "Accattone" and "Ma Nuit Chez Maud" from the directory and only kept one movie. This .log is consists of starting Kodi right after doing that, and then trying to open both movies -still listed on the program- only to be greeted with the dialogue telling me that since they don't exist anymore, do I want to remove them etc.

https://pastebin.com/SwWSdZfT
Unfortunately you did not enable Debug mode. Can you please enable it like you did in the last log, and post the whole log.
My Signature
Damn sorry about that...

https://pastebin.com/MDQJruXw
I don't know C++ at all, but have never understood how this was supposed to work.  It seems like when the library is scanned by folder path, when the folder does not exist in CVideoInfoScanner while doing the "Process" step, it would need to add the path to the variable " m_pathsToClean ", which seems to be what will actually be cleaned during the cleaning process.  But that doesn't seem to happen which seems consistent with the comments in the code :
Code:
/** Note that this will skip clean (if m_bClean is enabled) if the directory really* doesn't exist rather than a NAS being switched off. A manual clean from settings* will still pick up and remove it though. */

I'm assuming OP deleted the whole folder, not just the video file in the folder (not clear)?

scott s.
That's interesting, although I'm not sure I fully understand it. Yeah, I took the whole folder out of the directory, not just the video. I'm wondering how it's working for other people, since I'd imagine this is also what most would do.

edit: I should have elaborated. Yes, you're absolutely right. Everything works great if I only take the video file out of the directory. Removing the entire folder is what makes it skip. This is incredibly puzzling to me - are people removing their movies really by only removing the video file, and keeping empty folders? In any case, how could I proceed here? Do I submit a ticket for a change to be made?

edit2: I made an autoexec.py file including a "clean library" function, that according to the log runs "succesfully" - however, I still have the films I removed (by deleting the entire folder) included.

python:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('CleanLibrary(video)')

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
<cleanonupdate> not working0