Star rating menu
Am I right in seeing that there is absolutely no way to rate movies on Kodi? That the only way is to manually edit the .nfo file, and then rescan the movie? Talking about my personal ratings.
Hello firewater

You can rate movies, tv shows, episodes and music in Kodi. Where that function is depends on the skin you are using. In Estuary, the function is located in the movie information page. First button that is named "Your Rating"

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Oh, that sounds terrific! Is there anywhere I could read more on the documentation of this? I really couldn't find much googling, for some reason. I'm using a modified version (by myself) of a WIP skin, so it's all quite unfinished, and there's nothing similar to this in sight. But mostly I'm looking not for a way to integrate it into the UI, but for a way to call the rating function from my remote controller. I'm assuming the "Your Rating" option pictured there prompts a menu that lets you select one of the stars, yes? Is there any way to call it with a keymap?

Thanks much.
The Your Rating will bring up a list of entries...
No Rating
Rating: 1
Rating: 2
Rating: 10

And you simply select your rating which is then saved to the DB.

No, I don't think there is any documentation for the rating system. The best place to start is the forum for the original skin you downloaded before mods.

You could also try here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have my custom keymapping set with ctrl - up/down arrow set to increaserating/decreaserating on full screen video. There's also an add-on script.user.rating that you can install and run from a keymap or it will auto-start when a video is watched.

Note that user rating is an integer 0-10, though last I checked when new video is added to library the value is NULL (so playlist or node rules checking for user rating is 0 won't find these.).

scott s.
Thanks much guys! I had previously looked at the keymaps and tried anything that sounded familiar, but no luck. I'm not sure about integrating it into the UI, so that script mentioned seems like a saviour to me. Much appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Star rating menu0