MySQL Library, plus secondary source for individual clients?
I use a MySQL library for syncing libraries on several Kodi boxes, which works great. I have recently bought a Vero 4K for my only 4K TV in the lounge. I want to be able to add a 4K source to just the Vero 4K and not have it mixed in with the other library as the other boxes acan't play the 4K material.

Currently I haven't been able to set up the 4K source to scan the media (like a normal TV/Movie library source to scrape info) but not have it propagate to the regular library.

Any thoughts how to do this?

Thanks in advance.
I don't think you can, or at least not exactly how you want. The library is a single thing. There are probably two choices:

1- Have a separate profile on the Vero that has only the 4K library and switch profiles when you want to watch 4K stuff.

2- Setup a smart playlist of some sort that has your 4K stuff. You can find it all easily, but you'll have to live with the fact that the 4K stuff will show up in all the libraries.
Thanks for the reply pkscout. I was thinking I may be able to do something with smart playlists, or a smart filter on the 1080p clients to filter out 4K material, like the hide/unhide watched filter. I'll see what I can find to accomplish that. I've never had much luck getting smart playlists to work to be honest, so hope there is a custom filter option I can apply to clients, similar to how the advanced settings is copied across all.
(2017-11-06, 21:07)t2ffn Wrote: Thanks for the reply pkscout. I was thinking I may be able to do something with smart playlists, or a smart filter on the 1080p clients to filter out 4K material, like the hide/unhide watched filter. I'll see what I can find to accomplish that. I've never had much luck getting smart playlists to work to be honest, so hope there is a custom filter option I can apply to clients, similar to how the advanced settings is copied across all.

Playlists (smart and otherwise) are all stored in userdata/playlists (there are directories for mixed, music, and video).  So if you get the playlist right on one 1080p client, you should be able to copy it to all the others.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Library, plus secondary source for individual clients?0