v17 Updates movie library with strange titles (Bass on Titles)
Hi, I'm new to Kodi and is trying to set it up, just the way I like. I'm getting here, but have a strange problem.

When I ask Kodi to update my video library, is like it getting in a endless loop, returning "Bass on Titles" to an extreme. Have around 250 movie titles, but if I look in the folders in Kodi, it says around 7000... Huh
And when I click the movie part of Kodi, I get all these Bass of Titles before the actual movies. That's pretty annoying. 

Hoping someone can help me out.

I have uploaded a debug file here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/25898003/

Kodi is configured to rescan my libraries on start up, so all I did was set up the log, close Kodi and restart it. The libraries is full with images, xmls and nfos as I had used Medie Center Master to get information about the movies, on top of that also some sub files, either in a subfolder or directly beside the movie. Can that has something to do with it?

Thanks
Hello @Mhystique

From what I can see in your log, your setup is completely wrong. Seems you have placed all your movies, music and tv shows in the one source, which is incorrect. It also looks like you have somehow included the Kodi program in the source as well...
Quote:21:10:05.579 T:4320   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'C:\Users\Lars\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\metadata.tvdb.com\resources\language\Azerbaijani\' due to no change
21:10:05.580 T:10976   DEBUG: MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner:Big GrinoScan Skipping dir 'smb://gandalf/Music//MP3 Arkiv/Atc/' due to no change
21:10:05.581 T:4320   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'C:\Users\Lars\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\metadata.tvdb.com\resources\language\Basque\' due to no change
21:10:05.583 T:4320   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'C:\Users\Lars\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\metadata.tvdb.com\resources\language\Belarusian\' due to no change

Another possibility is that you have used the entire drive as your source, which is also incorrect.

Please have a read of this... http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files

Your best course of action is to remove the Kodi Roaming folder and start again... http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kod...s#Userdata
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Perhaps, that is definitely an option, cause I didn't have much luck, setting my folders up in Kodi. Finally did it, but it may be wrong.
So before I reset anything, it may best to set up the folders the right way, if you would be so kind and help me.

On my NAS I have multiple folders containing my stuff.
Movies: \\NAS\Video\Movies
TV series: \\NAS\Video\TV
Music: \\NAS\Music\MP3 Arkiv
Photos: \\NAS\Photo\Billeder

These again contains subfolders named with the movie name or likewise, again containing the movie it selves and all the custom stuff.

In Kodi in System/Media/Library/Videos/ I put in both the movies and TV folder as SMB. Likewise for Music and Pictures, with respectiv folders. I just had to add the network folder manually, as Kodi couldn't find my NAS when selecting SMB at first.

Where did I go wrong and what should I do instead?
Ah, I may have figured it out.
I found this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z9TDHgKO0U
Removed the roaming folder, so went back to the default skin. Think most of it has to do with the skin setup, that confused me.
Hello Mhystique

Referring to your NAS folders

For your movie Source, you would use \\NAS\Video\Movies
For your TV Show Source, you would use \\NAS\Video\TV

Do not try to combine the two. They need to be separate Sources.

The same with Music and Photos. They need to be separate Sources.

But with your Fresh Start by removing the corrupted first attempt, it now sounds like you have fixed the issue?

If, yes, then enjoy Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yeah, I think I have solved the issue.
Now I'm just looking for a way to spice it up a little. I'm coming from the wolrd of Windows Media Center, with Emby as plugin, and I liked the Emby way of showing fanart, when browsing through the library. When you stand on an item, the pictures shuffles between all downloaded fanart for the item. Kind of nice, I think. 
Wonder if it isn't possible to set up Kodi with a add-on to do pretty much the same
(2017-11-07, 21:27)Mhystique Wrote: Yeah, I think I have solved the issue.
Now I'm just looking for a way to spice it up a little. I'm coming from the wolrd of Windows Media Center, with Emby as plugin, and I liked the Emby way of showing fanart, when browsing through the library. When you stand on an item, the pictures shuffles between all downloaded fanart for the item. Kind of nice, I think. 
Wonder if it isn't possible to set up Kodi with a add-on to do pretty much the same

This emby..?
https://emby.media/emby-for-kodi.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updates movie library with strange titles (Bass on Titles)0