iPhone X display issues
(2017-11-20, 08:18)Memphiz Wrote: This is not the right thread for this. Simply try a normal nightly build aswell. I bet it doesn't work there too. Might be related to the newer version of the smb library we use in nightlies. This version here is same as nightly 100% but with those iphonex changes on top.
oh in that case, is there any chance of a iphone x mod also for 17.6 final?
Ich 17.6 was already released before wie found the solution - if there will be a 17.7 version the iPhoneX stuff will be included (i did a pull requests for both - master and krypton )
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I know this is kinda an old thread but could someone please upload the modified Kodi 17.6 deb from the Iphone X  Thanks in advance.
There is no new development on 17.6.

These changes small change that these changes will go in 17.7 (if there is one). But otherwise it will be 18.

If you have the expertise then you can try to build it your self. I would love to get the iPhoneX changes on 17.x myself.

Thank you
Please try this test build:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwi...-ios64.deb

once confirmed i will make it an official 17.6-1 build just for ios ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
hello, I must made an acc here for the feedback, but it is nothing, because feedback is important, but in first: thank you for doing this!

I tested this build on my iPhone X (iOS 11.1.2 nonjbkn - I must convert .deb to .ipa and sideload it) and it works well.
it is stretched to fullscreen in menus. (in some settings, the curved display of iX is over the turn on/off switches - but of course, this is harder to rebuild..)

In normal 16:9 videos if I want iX fullscreen - I must manually set video aspect ratio to 1.22 in video settings when I play the video - than is fullscreen, but it brakes the movie aspect ratio itself.. or you can set in same settings whole video zoom to 1.22 and after this is video zoomed to iX fullscreen without broken movie aspect ratio.

So basically - I think everything works well!

Next thing - I am thinking iX have the hardware acceleration of x265( because iX uses it for recording videos with phone camera) and this Kodi build not support it - 4K UHD DB remux is unplayable, because is software decoding(4K webrips in x264 works well)..
Please, can someone add support for x265 hw acceleration in next build?

Thank you!
We need to wait until ffmpeg adds h.265 decoder support for ios before it can be utilised in Kodi. Thx for the feedback.
Hi Memphiz,

Did you ever post this build as 17.6-1? I was trying to access it but it is not available now.

Is it possible to post this again or point me in the correct direction?

Thank you

Regards
Not enough feedback over weeks - test build got Auto deleted already - not interested to invest any more time into this for 17.x as there is no real demand from the user side here ...
Hey Memphiz,
I know you said you didn't wanna further invest time in this. But could you please post the test build earlier if you still have it? Because honestly, no matter how bugged it is, it is definitely better than non full-screen/
17.6 tes-build was already auto deleted.
The fix is already in v18 since a few months. Any reason to not use that?
(2018-03-24, 22:28)Rechi Wrote: 17.6 tes-build was already auto deleted.

Really sorry. Didn’t notice the fix was in v18. Sorry for bothering.
The iPhone X_ 19.5:9 aspect ratio was said earlier in this thread to be something that would be resolved in Leia. I'm not sure if I misunderstood something, but I’m sure devs are aware that it isn’t resolved.

Just looking to find out what was meant when that was mentioned. Was it just put on the back burner? If so, that’s cool - I’m just looking for a status update.

Thanks

(2018-03-24, 22:28)Rechi Wrote: 17.6 tes-build was already auto deleted.

Sorry, just noticed you were a Team-Kodi member. I was referring to Memphiz’ posts in my previous post. What was already fixed in v18?
Found a couple of other things...as far as I can tell, Estouchy doesn’t allow you to interact with the Video Calibration settings - so you can’t change them, and you also can’t exit those settings without terminating the app.

Examples of video playback...which I’m guessing won’t be news to whoever is working on iOS builds.

@Memphiz - have you worked on iOS/tvOS? Or just tvOS? I know that tvOS has been set aside since Feb. 2018.

Example of a cropped 2.40:1 video - looks good since it is cropped:

Example of a 16:9 video - not bad...it might crop a little too much to go full screen on this one, but that’s just my take:

This is where it gets to be genuinely troublesome - here, we have an uncropped 1.85:1 video, ignoring a large amount of screen area:

Just trying to provide as much info as possible - again, if nothing else, it’d be nice to know where the project stands.

(And what was meant when it was stated that X_ screen issues would be fixed in Leia)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPhone X display issues0