Kodi has Stopped working
Exclamation 
Hi, 

I am expriencing a problem many people seem to be having. Almost as soon as I start it, I get an alert saying "Kodi has stopped working'.

Here is the log:

https://pastebin.com/DrCvyLGb

I have reinstalled several times, both from windows store and from kodi site. I have tried restarting.

Windows 10 64 bit
8 GIG Ram

Please can someone help?
delete the Kodi folder in C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming, then this will give you a clean install. This should give you a clean install with nothing left over from previous installs
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
Hello Cuckoo123

Thanks for providing the log in your first post.

I can see that Kodi has found this ... Intel® HD Graphics 3000 on your Windows 10. This is quite an old graphics system and there is no support for it in Windows 10. This means you probably wont find suitable drivers
See here... https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...ivers.html

I also see this is available NVIDIA Quadro 2000M. Again it is circa 2011 and probably (I haven't checked) won't be up to spec either.

To confirm this, can you try installing v16.1 by downloading from here... http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/old/ and let us know if that works.

Thanks
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-11-07, 02:03)tjay260476 Wrote: delete the Kodi folder in C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming, then this will give you a clean install. This should give you a clean install with nothing left over from previous installs

Hi,

The unistaller seems to be doing this anyway, but thank you.
(2017-11-07, 02:04)Karellen Wrote: Hello Cuckoo123

Thanks for providing the log in your first post.

I can see that Kodi has found this ... Intel® HD Graphics 3000 on your Windows 10. This is quite an old graphics system and there is no support for it in Windows 10. This means you probably wont find suitable drivers
See here... https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...ivers.html

I also see this is available NVIDIA Quadro 2000M. Again it is circa 2011 and probably (I haven't checked) won't be up to spec either.

To confirm this, can you try installing v16.1 by downloading from here... http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/old/ and let us know if that works.

Thanks

Hi Karellen,

I just tried this, it got further, but not I get an error saying "Error: Exception caught on main loop.exiting"

It's weird as 16 used to run fine.
Can you provide the debug log of v16 please.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Had this same problem on Win10, had to install all latest updates till Kodi started to work again. Cleaning REG + userData didnt help much. Only installing latest updates. Which is sick because I started with 17.1 working, upgraded to 18 (stoped working) dowgraded to 17.1 and it was still broken. Ah the Windows way
I'm just going to bother with Kodi any more. It's clearly had its day.
Kodi hasn't clearly had its day. Your hardware has.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Using 6 year old hardware and claiming the software has 'clearly had it's day' Big Grin You couldn't make it up.
@Cuckoo123

Just upgrade your video card so you can use available drivers that conform to W10. Alternatively you can downgrade W10 to something that is compatible with your current GPU but I wouldn't recommend this. Depending what you want to do determines a new card. I've seen used older cards that conform to W10 go for about $125 that will do EVERYTHING with little to no problems because I use one. You should understand, this latest Windows O/S upgrade has created (some) havoc across the board for many software and hardware alike. Bugs are getting ironed out. Software and Hardware work around the O/S. Not everyone or everything is on the same page at the same time. This is nothing new. Major updates throughout history stumble in the beginning. Plenty of folks have not even received the Fall CU upgrade roll out yet. Be patient. Upgrade like everyone else is required and you'll find Kodi very likeable.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi has Stopped working0