Metadata related question...
Hello, I have a ridiculous question... I do however want to qualify it by saying, I realize that the probability of getting a real answer is slim to none and I am not requesting for anyone to code anything new for me. I am simply asking a "can it be done" type question so that I don't waste any time trying to figure it out if it is impossible. I am just testing the waters!

Okay, what I would like to know is: when you are viewing your movie database, there are particular metadata that is displayed for each movie. For example, the standard cast type field is "actor." Is there a way to change it to say "actress?" Can you add another field so that you can have actor and actress, or actor/actress? Another example: instead of showing "year" can you change is to say "release date" and return a stored date in yyyy/mm/dd format?

I have been searching relentlessly for the answer to this question and cannot even find where it has been discussed. Forgive me if I overlooked the answer in a thread elsewhere and thanks in advance for any responses!
1) change addons/resource.language.en.gb/resources/strings.po, entry 20377. but there is no gender info stored, so it will just always say actress.
2) change videoplayer.year to videoplayer.premiered in skin (or likewise listeitem.year into listitem.premiered)
(2017-11-07, 07:25)spiff Wrote: 1) change addons/resource.language.en.gb/resources/strings.po, entry 20377. but there is no gender info stored, so it will just always say actress.
2) change videoplayer.year to videoplayer.premiered in skin (or likewise listeitem.year into listitem.premiered)

Thank you, Spiff! So, I am changing the skins label string, which manipulates the text showed in the gui, but doesn't actually mess with anything structural. So I could re-name the msgid for genre to have a string "type" and the metadata for genre would return by the text "type" when I open Kodi. Correct?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metadata related question...0